April 1, 2017 rate action for California Individual Grandfathered plans
Beginning April 1, 2017, Anthem will adjust the base rates for existing business on all CDI grandfathered medical plans with an April 1, 2017 effective date. Members will also receive an adjustment for age changes. The base rates for members on DMHC grandfathered medical plans, that were effective April 1, 2016, are not scheduled to change in 2017. DMHC members will receive an adjustment for age changes. Click here for a copy of the updated Grandfathered Rate Sheet. It includes the plan names, contract codes and base rates effective April 1, 2017 for CDI plans and effective April 1, 2016 for DMHC plans.
- CDI Member Letter 2.2017 Version
- DMHC Member Letter (sent 60-days prior to their age change increase)
- Dental Member Letter
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Notice: This notice of renewal is required by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- CA DOI says rates are not reasonable, but Blue Cross will use them anyway – Sample Letter
- SB 908 Premium Rate Notice attached to change application
- Downgrading to another Grandfathered Anthem Individual Health Plan if available
- Choosing a New Non-Grandfathered ACA compliant Individual Health Plan during the Open Enrollment or a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- Learn more about the difference between ACA-ObamaCare Plans and Grand Fathered Plans
- Grandfathered members (CDI and DMHC) qualify for a SEP on their 2017 renewal. If they wish to change to an ACAplan due to this qualifying event:
- They should select the “non-calendar renewal” qualifying event on the 2017 application
- They may apply up to 60-days before or 60-days after the effective date of their rate change
- And they need to submit a copy of their grandfathered rate action/renewal notice as documentation of their qualifying event