Blue Shield Dental Plans
Specialty Plans at a Glance (click to enlarge) Rev 1.1.19 below, provides a side-by-side comparison of Dental & vision plans and rates
- No waiting period for diagnostic or preventive services
- Covered diagnostic and preventive services, such as X-rays and routine cleanings, do not count toward the annual coverage limit for dental PPO and Specialty Duo dental plans, providing more coverage for other services before reaching the annual limit
- A wide range of dental benefits, including most diagnostic and preventive services and oral cancer screening, at no additional cost when using a dental network provider
- Implants coverage available in our dental PPO plans with a $1,250 calendar-year benefit maximum
- Orthodontic benefits are available for both children and adults
- Choice of $25 or $50 deductible per member, per calendar year
- Choice of a $500, $1,000 or $1,250 calendar-year benefit maximum per member
- Coverage even when your clients use a non-network dentist. Our plan reimburses your clients up to an allowed amount for covered services, and your clients pay the remaining balance of the total billed charges.
- No deductibles and no calendar-year maximums
- Orthodontic services available with or without a 12-month waiting period, for both children and adults
- Affordable fixed copayments for basic and major services
- Specialty care available with a referral from a primary dentist
Resources, More Info & Links
More detailed information – dental benefit summaries.
| Specialty DuoSM
If any of the above links require a password, email us and we will send you the brochure.
Dental For Everyone, has an excellent website with full brochures, online quoting and enrollment