Picking a PPO Primary Care Physician PCP – MD
PPO members for all Covered CA plans and maybe all? plans will now have a central point of contact PCP – Primary Care Physician, in the health system for receiving long-term, comprehensive, coordinated care for most health needs. PPO members are able to switch PCPs at any time. There is no action for members to take. Blue Shield will provide additional details on this new feature in the coming weeks.
Members of non-grandfathered PPO plans will continue to have the freedom to choose specialists and other providers – without referrals inside or outside the network – as they do now.
PPO Primary Care MD – member communication from Covered California
- What is a primary care physician?
- Why is it important to have a PCP?
- How did we select your PCP match?
- When will I receive information about the PCP that I was matched with?
- I’ve been matched with a PCP. Now what?
- What should I consider when evaluating my PCP?
- How do I change my PCP?
- I already have a doctor that I like. How do I know if my preferred PCP is part of my plan’s network?
- I can’t find my preferred PCP in the Exclusive PPO Network. What do I do now?
- Will my PCP appear on my ID card?
- What happens if I make a change to my PCP?
- How often can I change my PCP?
- Provider Finder
|Individual and family plan members on a PPO plan will be matched with a primary care physician (PCP) in 2017. Find out more about the value of a PCP, as well as how to check the one you’re matched with or make a change.|
Related Pages in Blue Shield Section