Visiting an urgent care center can cost up to five times less than a visit to the ER and significantly reduce your wait time. While the average wait at a California ER is 4 hours and 34 minutes, urgent care center wait times are usually under an hour*. That means you can bypass the crowds and take your first step on the road to recovery.
Use any of the following options to find an urgent care center near you:
- Visit blueshieldca.com, log in as a member, click Find a Provider, and then select the Urgent Care Center option before entering your address and clicking Find Now.
- Search for urgent care centers using our mobile app. Download it today from the App Store or from Google Play.
- Call Blue Shield Member Services at the number on the back of your ID card and one of our friendly member service representatives will find an urgent care center near you.
Urgent care centers may offer different treatment services. Before you go, call your local urgent care center and ask about the conditions they treat.
Something is an emergency if waiting to receive care could result in danger to your life or permanent harm to your body. If you feel you’re experiencing a genuine emergency, call 911 immediately or go to the nearest emergency room.
*”Urgent Care or the ER – Which is the Right Choice?” Health Alerts, Johns Hopkins Medicine, January 2011. Copied from Accessing Urgent Care
Related Pages in Blue Shield CA Information & New Enrollment » Member Portal – How to set yours up Section
Providence Health – Difference between ER and Urgent Care
- ACA Request for Social Security #
- Contact Information for Blue Shield
- Easy Pay – Automatic Premium Payments
- Financial Strength – Mission – Blue Shield
- Grand Fathered Plan – Non Renewal
- ID Cards in Subscriber Name ONLY
- Provider Finder – Instructions * Exclusive PPO – Trio HMO
- Treatment Cost Estimator
- Urgent Care vs ER
- Use your Blue Shield Coverage – How to
- Wellness Tools
- zBroker – Consultant ONLY
InsuBuy International Medical Coverage – Instant Quotes & Enrollment