It’s vital that Covered California’s records match ours. They have to show these members as active in their system in order for the members to receive tax credits (if they qualify for them). We are reaching out to these members by email and phone call to let them know they must re-enroll by midnight on December 15, 2015.
- Why do I have to re-enroll? I got a letter from Health Net saying my coverage will renew for 2016 and I don’t have to do anything.
The reason is that Covered California doesn’t show you as an active member in their system. Health Net does and that’s why they sent you the renewal letter.
It’s very important that you are active in the Covered California system, and that’s why you have to re-enroll by December 15th. It’s the only way you will get tax credits in 2016 if you qualify for them.
- Why am I showing active with Health Net but not with Covered California?
We are not certain why this happened. It does mean that you have to re-enroll by December 15th so Covered California shows you as an active member.
The good news is that by re-enrolling, you will get tax credits in 2016 if you qualify for them.
- How do I enroll in a new plan through Covered California?
- Go to www.CoveredCA.com and sign up as a new user.
- Re-enroll for the plan you want for 2016. You can choose the same Health Net plan that you have now, in 2015. The name of the plan is listed on the renewal letter that they sent to you.
- Be sure to re-enroll by December 15. It’s the only way to get tax credits in 2016 if you qualify for them, and make sure you become active on the Covered California system.
- Can I change the health plan I want?
Yes. You have until midnight on December 15, 2015 to submit a complete application and have new coverage begin on January 1, 2016.
Or, you can make a change anytime before January 31, 2016. That’s the end of open enrollment for 2016. If you make a change in January, your new coverage will begin either February 1 or March 1, depending on the date you make the change.
- What happens if I don’t re-enroll by December 15th?
Health Net will renew you onto your existing plan to make sure you continue to have health care coverage on January 1, 2016. However, you will not get tax credits even if you qualify for them. That’s why it’s so important to re-enroll today and become active on the Covered California system.