Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net) now requires proof of California permanent residency for IFP PPO policies.
Additionally, in order to streamline processing of IFP PPO applications, we also require that first month’s premium be paid prior to considering the enrollment application.
- Effective immediately, Health Net has implemented required proof of California permanent residency for IFP PPO policies. Applications for IFP PPO policies will now require proof of California permanent residency prior to considering the enrollment application. (See summary of Health Net residency requirements below.)
- At this time, our online enrollment tool is only available for quoting of plans and rates and not for enrollment in our PPO policies. To enroll your clients in Health Net PPO products, you must submit a paper application. Click here to view the paper application.
- Initial premium payment is required prior to considering the enrollment application.
- All IFP PPO applications are currently pended and will require proof of permanent residency and initial premium payment to be provided and returned before the enrollment is processed. Letters are being mailed to applicants within the next seven business days. Failure to return proof of permanent residency and initial premium payment within 30 calendar days will result in the application being denied. Click here to view the sample letter.
Once the completed application, proof of permanent residency and initial premium payment are returned, Health Net will process an approved application within 5 business days. Effective dates will be honored based on submission dates once currently pended applications are approved.
A summary of Health Net residency requirements are as follows. Applicant:
- Must be a permanent resident of California prior to the requested effective date.
- Must provide one (1) form of proof. Acceptable proof of residency documents are:
- Current California driver’s license or identification card.
- Current and valid California vehicle registration form in the applicant’s name.
- Evidence the applicant is employed in California.
- Evidence the applicant has registered with a public or private employment agency in California.
- Evidence that the applicant has enrolled his/her children in a California school.
- Evidence that the applicant is receiving public assistance in California.
- Voter registration form of receipt, voter notification card, or an abstract of voter registration.
- Current California utility bill in the applicant’s name.
- Current California rent or mortgage payment receipt in the applicant’s name. Rent receipts provided by a relative shall not be accepted.
- Mortgage deed showing primary residency.
- Lease agreement in the applicant’s name.
- Government mail in the applicant’s name (SSA statement, DMV notice, etc.).
- More on proof of residency