Grandfathered plans are not affected by the 2018 withdrawal from 16 CA Regions
Beginning April 1, 2016, Anthem will adjust rates for existing business on all grandfathered medical plans with an April 1, 2016 effective date. Click here for a copy of the Grandfathered Rate Sheet effective April 1, 2016.
- DMHC Member Letter
- CDI Member Letter
- Dental Member Letter
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Notice: This notice of renewal is required by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Please remember, because this notification overlaps the current Open Enrollment and as outlined in the letters, any of your clients have the option to change their coverage by:
- Downgrading to another Grandfathered Anthem Individual Health Plan if available
- Choosing a New Non-Grandfathered ACA compliant Individual Health Plan during the Open Enrollment or a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- Grandfathered members qualify for a SEP on their 2016 renewal. If they wish to change to an ACA plan due to this qualifying event:
- They should select the “renewal of non-calendar year health plan coverage” qualifying event on the 2016 application
- They may apply up to 60 days before or 60 days after the effective date of their rate change
- And they need to submit a copy of their grandfathered rate action/renewal notice as documentation of their qualifying event
June rate change for HIPAA policies 4 page pdf
Related pages in Blue Cross – Anthem Section
Use menu above for more options