LA County Employee Benefits
County of Los Angeles employees say their benefits play a large role in what makes the County such a great place to work. DHR strives to provide a level of customer service worthy of that view. We administer four highly competitive flexible benefit plans (Options, Choices, Flex and MegaFlex) with their corresponding medical, dental and life insurance plans.
These programs – made possible by Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code – allow County employees to choose among a variety of pre-tax and after-tax benefits. The County provides each employee with a monthly “benefit allowance” to use to pay for these benefits.
- Choices Benefit Plan – for employees represented by the Coalition of County Unions.
- Options Benefit Plan – for employees represented by SEIU Local 721.
- MegaFlex Benefit Plan – for eligible non-represented employees.
- Flexible Benefit Plan – for eligible non-represented employees.
Participants in one of these above plans may elect the following benefits:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Medical Coverage Protection (Long-Term Disability Health Insurance)
- Short-Term Disability – for MegaFlex participants only
- Long-Term Disability – for MegaFlex participants only
Part-time employees (except workers in student positions) who work an average of 20 hours or more per week during a period of three consecutive months may be eligible to enroll in a County medical plan. Part-time employees can learn more by contacting their departmental personnel office.
Tutoring, Education & Research Services
We can help you with Employer and Government Program where we are not appointed agents getting a salary or commission for our time and expertise.
If you would like us to do research, tutor or help you with things you need more explanation or putting complex brochures & codes into plan English for basic understanding of we can do that for a nominal fee.
For more information see webpage on Fee basis research and help.