Our Founder & CEO’s Biography
Steve Shorr’s (double “r”, not Shore, or Schorr) grew up in an Insurance family. His Father & Grandfather owned Shorr Agency where Steve spent his first four years in the business. His younger brother Tim is now CEO. Steve then worked for several large National Brokers, before starting his own agency, Steve Shorr Insurance.
Steve believes that President Obama as Commander In Chief, has called him up to help with Health Care Reform, at NO additional charge to his clients and maintain probably the most informative California Website on Health Care Reform. The draft board only gave him 2-s student deferment * view draft registration shortly * to obtain his BS in Insurance so that he could serve his country, with more education at a later time, NOW! Too bad President’s Trump and Obama didn’t ask Steve if Insurance was complicated. See video.
- San Pedro High School Diploma Reunion Information
- Los Angeles Harbor College AA Degree
- San Diego State University BS Degree – Insurance
- CPCU1 – Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter – South Coast Chapter
- LUTCF1 – Life Underwriter Training Counsel Fellow
- RHU Registered Health Underwriter 1
- REBC Registered Employee Benefits Counselor 1
- One year of Law School at Newport University.
My Cousin Vinny – Skip to 25 seconds – both our fathers, grandfathers, brothers, etc were Mechanics or Insurance Brokers!
- Humility – Fiddler on the Roof VIDEO
- Steve is the Past President of the South Coast Chapter of CPCU.
- Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout
- Steve also served vicariously in the Korean War through his Father Lt. Paul Shorr and serving as Web Master for the SS Lane Victory from 9/2007 to 12/2008.
- Steve is proud of how much he has helped the consumer including those who are not his customers by his devotion to research and his websites at www.HealthReformQuotes.com and www.SteveShorr.com. Take a look at the unsolicited testimonials or the Q & A on just about every webpage on this site, he has received over the years.
- Steve was greatly influenced by the 50’s TV Show – Superman who fights a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
- Little House on the Prairie – Official Site of Home in Kansas Archived **** TV Memorial Site
- Steve’s other interest’s include
Contact, 17 Reasons to choose us, Biography
- 17 Reasons to use Steve Shorr Insurance