Here’s our research on lost policy locators, hints and suggestions on how to find out if your loved one, mother, father, brother, sister, etc. had a life insurance policy, or other property that’s been misplaced, paid off, lost, etc.
If you have questions or need any assistance, the best way to reach us is by email [email protected]
- Find Lost Life Insurance Policies
- Insurance Institute iii.org 12 steps to find a lost life insurance policy
- NAIC National Association of Insurance Commissioners – Life Policy Locator Service
- aloha insurance.com find lost policy
- nytimes.com requires subscription
- Nolo.com find policy
- Finding a lost Pension
- Other types of property
California Lost Property Search – #Escheated Funds
California’s Unclaimed Property Law requires banks, insurance companies, corporations, and certain other entities to report and submit their customers’ property to the State Controller’s Office when there has been no activity for a period of time (generally three years). Common types of unclaimed property are bank accounts, stocks, bonds, uncashed checks, insurance benefits, wages, and safe deposit box contents. Property does not include Real Estate.
Controller Betty Yee safeguards this lost or forgotten property as long as it takes to reunite it with the rightful owners; there is no deadline for claiming it once it is transferred over to the State Controller’s Office.
It is easy to find out if the Controller is protecting property in your name.
To electronically claim property, an owner must complete a secure form online (including name, social security number, birthdate, and address). Some more complicated claims may require additional proof of ownership.
- Video: How to Use eClaim
- Video: How to Search for Unclaimed Property
- Investigator Handbook
What if the executor of the estate will not tell you what the coverage is?
What if someone is trying to commit fraud, murder or other crimes involved with a life insurance policy?
What about STOLI – Stranger originated Life Insurance?
Did you sign an application?
If not, the amount won’t be that high.
Who has an Insurable Interest in you?
In a few rare instances it is possible to obtain Confidential Life Insurance on someone, where there is an Insurable Interest.
In some instances, you might need the help of an Estate or Probate Attorney or law enforcement.
- chevra kadisha.com Traditional Jewish Burial
- COVID 19 Funeral Assistance up to $9k
- Can you sell or transfer a cemetery plot?
- Yes in Illinois Illinois Cmptroller.gov *
- Basic Laws of Cemeteries Stimmel Law *
- Cemeteries §8100 to 9703
- Family Interment Plots [8650 - 8653]
- Sale of Plots [8570 - 8574]
Term Life Quote #naaipquote
- Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
- Life Screening Form Detailed NAAIP
- Please complete & return and we'll search and consult for you.
- Short ONE page form - CPS
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
Child, Related Pages & Site Map