What if I can’t afford the Part B – Doctor Visit Premium
Check out the programs below to pay or help pay for your Medicare Part B Doctor visits premium of $148/month.
Medicare Savings Programs (MSP’s)
Categories of dual eligible beneficiaries
and out-of-pocket costs that must be paid by Medi-Cal – Medicaid:
Ca Health Advocates.org (SHIP – HI Cap)
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
- Medicare Part B premium.
- SLMB Plus – Medicare Part B premium; Full Medicaid benefits.
- Qualified Individual (QI)
- Medicare Part B premium.
- Qualified Disabled Working Individual (QDWI)
- Other FBDE (Full Benefit Dual Eligible) – Medicare Part B premium; Full Medicaid benefits.
- 250% California Working Disabled (CWD) * Evidence of Coverage Page 26 *
How to Apply
Click here for instructions
SSI-Related Programs & Coverage Groups
Income & Assets Chart
#Medicare10050 and You 2021
Everything you want to know - Read Along
- Enroll in Blue Cross
- Enroll in Blue Shield
- Learn about UHC United Health Care
- Don't like computers?
Prefer a printed version be mailed to you?
Audio MP 3
- Use our scheduler to Set a phone, Skype or Face to Face meeting
- Intake Form - We can better prepare for the meeting
- Steve's Biography and Educational Background
- 17 Reasons why we are your preferred choice of where to come for answers, education and how to get the most out of Medicare
- Our Contact Page
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage onMedi Cal Benefits
- Western Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Our Webpage on
Insurance Companies get a fee from the Federal Government, when you enroll in an MAPD plan.
That's why the premium is very low or ZERO!
Resources & Related Pages
(Our Website for MAGI based qualification under 65
Learn more on categories of dual eligibles whose out of pocket costs are paid by Medi-Cal
4 programs that can help pay Medical Expenses Publication # 11445
Publication 10126 Getting Help with Medicare Costs
Medi Helper.com They can help you qualify… they do charge a fee based on the complexity of the case.
Medi-Cal Estate Recovery
- Social Security Disability – SSI, SSDI
Share of Cost
Full Medi-Cal – pays Part A
Dual Demonstration Project – Cal Medi Connect
Can get MAPD too – stability, committement, qualify products – quality medical groups –
Plan 1 all UHC
Plan 2 – Health Care Partners – lower co pays
Plan 3 transportation, full network, ancillary benefits look a like plan, includes transportation
How to verify between Cal Medi Connect shows pcp and Medi-Cal Plan – no MD show
Show MAPD card, then don’t have to show Medi-Cal card
Medi-Cal picks up co pays
Share of Cost vs Fully qualified
Can no longer dual SNP – look a like plans are OK
Child, Related Pages & Site Map
- IHSS In Home Supportive Services
- Part B Medicare Premium paid by Medi Cal
- Share of Cost – What is it?
- Social Security Disability – SSDI
- SSI – Supplemental Security Benefits – Automatic Medi Cal