April 2020 Grandfathered Rate Change
Sample letters from Blue Cross
- CDI Member Letter
- DMHC Member Letter
- Dental Member Letter
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Notice:
- Email us [email protected] if you want us to calculate your GrandFathered Rates, we have the rate sheet.
Grandfathered clients can change plans by:
- Downgrading to another grandfathered Anthem Individual health plan if available
- Choosing a new non-grandfathered ACA compliant Individual Health Plan during the Open Enrollment or a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- Grandfathered members (CDI and DMHC) qualify for a SEP on their 2020 renewal. If they wish to change to an ACA plan due to this qualifying event:
- They should select the non-calendar renewal qualifying event on the 2020 application
- They may apply up to 60 days before or 60 days after the effective date of their rate change
- They need to submit a copy of their grandfathered rate action/renewal notice as documentation of their qualifying event
December 2019 Non Renewal of certain Plans
Blue Cross has made the difficult decision to reduce the number of Individual health plans they will offer in California for 2020. At least though they are coming back to CA after pretty much leaving in 2018!
They will be discontinuing 7 grandfathered plans/contracts. This change will impact around 20,000 members.
Time is running out February 29th to get a Special Enrollment into a new plan!
The following contract codes are affected
To give grandfathered members that are impacted by this change plenty of time to plan for their coverage needs in 2020, Blue Cross will be notifying affected members at the end of June that their current plan will be discontinued on December 31, 2019.
Here is a sample of the Letter you will receive.
That is, if you have a plan that is being discontinued, you may be able to change to another grandfathered plan. If you send us a copy of your ID card or your cancellation letter, we can go through the various downgrade charts and see how we can help you out.
Grandfathered Rate chart as of 4.2017
This might be something that we will be checking out in Snopes.com… Here’s an excerpt of an email I just got from someone that had contacted me about getting new coverage, as they had received a cancellation notice:
Received an Anthem letter today saying my Individual PPO Share Plan (#1920) isn’t being discontinued after all and the original letter was sent in error.
On a private facebook page for agents, they are getting the same news. Watch this page for the final answer – updates. Or check Dave Flukers site, he might be a few hours ahead of me, sometimes. dave fluker.com
Steve explains options for new coverage?
Alternate Grandfathered Plans?
Guaranteed Issue - No Pre X Clause
Quote & Subsidy Calculation
Missed Open Enrollment?
See our Special Enrollment page
No charge for our complementary services
Video on how much coverage for death protection you need
Co Pay - Out of Pocket Max - Deductible
Click to Enlarge
Video On Maximum Out of Pocket