We are Blue Cross – Anthem ♦ Authorized Agents Broker # GFKGQSJSRZ and are happy to help you get covered in CA at no extra charge to you. Blue Cross pays us to help you find their best plan that fits your needs. Here are a few of the many benefits that an agent/broker can provide to the public.
The BEST way to get the most current specific brochures and rates for each plan is to use the button below or logo above and get quotes.
- 2022 - All Plans - 6 languages
- Product Guide Direct - Not Covered CA
- Plan Matrix
- Steve's VIDEO Introduction to the brochure
Manage claims, your health, preventative benefits, find doctors, plan details, benefits, refill rx, health assessment and compare costs
Website Technical Support 1-866-755-2680
800-928-6201-Part D Customer Service Phone number
800 333 3883-Med Supp Customer Service phone number
Find care and check costs: It’s easy to search for doctors, dentists, hospitals, labs and other providers in your plan. You can search by name, location and type of care. You can even filter by gender or languages spoken, then check costs before you go. This helps you find what’s best for you.
View claims: With one click, you can check claims. That means you can spend more time focused on your health and less on managing your health benefits.
View and use digital ID cards: You can always have your most current ID card handy. And you can use it just like a paper one when you visit the doctor, dentist, pay for care and more.
See all benefits: Sydney shows you essential information at a glance, whether that’s an overview of your plan, health reminders or suggestions for wellness programs. You also can find your deductible, copay and share of costs.
Use the interactive chat feature and get answers quickly: Simply type your questions in the app and get answers quickly. Plus, Sydney can suggest resources to help you understand your benefits, improve your health and save money.
Check My Family Health Records (myFHR): myFHR gives you easy access to your health data, including health history and electronic medical records, all in one place. Availability is based on your plan.
Website Video #Introduction
- 17 Reasons to use Steve Shorr Insurance
- Set a Meeting
Our Webpage on Insurance Coverage for
What is a (Blue Cross or Shield) #Multi State Plan under the Affordable Care Act?
The Multi-State Plan (MSP) Program, established under the Affordable Care Act, directs OPM [Federal Office of Personnel Management*] to contract with private health insurers in each State to offer high-quality, affordable health insurance options called Multi-State Plans OPM.Gov FAQ’s
Multi-State Plans are overseen by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and are similar to the other Qualified Health Plan products offered on the exchanges. Generally, all of the same requirements that apply to other products also apply to these Multi-State Plan products. The name “Multi-State Plan” does NOT mean that consumers have health plan coverage for non-urgent care in multiple states. Excerpt from Agent Guide
OPM’s claim to fame appears to be that they have 50 years of experience running the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program. I do not see that the Multi State Programs have anything extra than the others. See also Minimum Essential Benefits and Medical Mandatory Loss Ratio’s
Consumer Resources & Links
- Here’s Provider Lists from ALL companies.
- Blue Cross SERVICE Phone # (800) 333-0912 or 310.519.1335
- Which Blue Cross Anthem Plans are Grandfathered?
- What are Multi State Plans?
- Broker Information individualbrokers.com/ca1
- Blue Cross Wellness Programs
- Specimen Platinum Policy with annotations and bookmarks 2014
Dental Plans cover things like Root Canals, Dentures, Braces, routine cleaning.
- Justice in Aging - Webinar Oral Health Coverage for Low Income Seniors
- 4 page summary of Denti Cal benefits from Justice in Aging
- National Institute for Dental Research - Caregiver information
- Health.Gov tips for older adults
Importance of Dental Coverage
Dental & General Health
- Why Buy Dental Insurance? VIDEO
- What dental Insurance... should I buy???
VIDEO the dentist attempts to give you some guidance about things to consider before buying a dental insurance plan, finance plans available, negotiating with your dentist
- Sacramento Truck driver sudden dealth from tooth infection Sacramento Bee 1.31.2017
- Health Savings Accounts?
- Video - how bad sugary drinks are for you
Provider Lists – Definitions
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY NETWORK?
Exclusive provider organization (EPO):
With our EPO plans, you’ll be able to see any in network doctor, no PCP required. Email dated 1.7.2022 9:32 AM * It’s a good idea to have a primary care doctor to coordinate your care, so we’ll pick one close to your home and let you know your assignment in the beginning of the year. You don’t need to see this doctor for services or referrals, and you can change your assigned primary care doctor at any time.
EPO plans don’t offer out of network benefits, except for emergency and urgent care, ambulance services or when a service is pre approved. If you see a doctor not in your plan for any other reason, you’ll have to pay 100% out of pocket.
Health maintenance organization (HMO):
With an HMO, you have to choose a primary care doctor to manage your care needs — including getting referrals to see other network doctors. HMOs don’t offer out of network benefits, except for emergency and urgent care or when a service is pre approved. If you see a doctor not in your plan for any other reason, you’ll have to pay 100% out of pocket HMO plans are available in Fresno, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Riverside and San Bernardino counties Brochure * 2021 Brochure *
FAQ’s EPO vs PPO
- Network Map Individual & Family Plans
- What plans do major providers accept?
- Anthem Blue Cross Provider List Definitions Individual Plans
- Enroll with Blue Cross Anthem
- What to do when you receive a doctor bill VIDEO
- VIDEO When you're looking for health insurance in California, consider the quality of care provided by Anthem Blue Cross. The Anthem team knows the needs of growing families and offers an array of plans that offer affordable coverage for members of all ages.
- VIDEO What do do when you get a doctor's bill
- Live Health ONLINE - Tele Med with therapist VIDEO
- SYDNEY Overview VIDEO
- What is a provider network Video
- In & Out of Network - What's a network? HN Video
- Steve helps you find PCP VIDEO
Anthem Blue Cross #Medi-Cal Website
800 227 3238
- CMSP (County Medical Services Program)
- GA/GR (General Assistance and General Relief )
- County Medical Services Program (CMSP),
- Food Assistance - Cal Fresh (formerly known as Food Stamps)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) or check their other website
SBC’s available on the producer tool box. Once you log on, go to TOOLS & RESOURCES – ONLINE RESOURCES and under Resources on the left it has the link . Full EOC’S
If you want to look at a particular member’s EOC, you go the clients account. You select DOCUMENTS and below is the screen you will see. Select the Coverage Certificate –MED and that is the EOC.
BIC Benefits Identification Card
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- Historical Guide 2006 CHCF 174 pages
- Cal AIM California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal — is a far-reaching, multiyear plan to transform California’s Medi-Cal program and to make it integrate more seamlessly with other social services. The goal of CalAIM is to improve outcomes for the millions of Californians covered by Medi-Cal, especially those with the most complex needs.
- Medi Cal Contact Information
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage on Medi & Denti Cal Benefits
- Western #Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Our Webpage on