We are Blue Cross – Anthem ♦ Authorized Agents Broker # GFKGQSJSRZ and are happy to help you get covered in CA at no extra charge to you. Blue Cross pays us to help you find their best plan that fits your needs. Here are a few of the many benefits that an agent/broker can provide to the public.
The BEST way to get the most current specific brochures and rates for each plan is to use the button below or logo above and get quotes.
- 2022 - All Plans - 6 languages
- Product Guide Direct - Not Covered CA
- Plan Matrix
- Steve's VIDEO Introduction to the brochure
Manage claims, your health, preventative benefits, find doctors, plan details, benefits, refill rx, health assessment and compare costs
FAQ’s Go Paperless
Website Technical Support 1-866-755-2680
800-928-6201-Part D Customer Service Phone number
800 333 3883-Med Supp Customer Service phone number
Find care and check costs: It’s easy to search for doctors, dentists, hospitals, labs and other providers in your plan. You can search by name, location and type of care. You can even filter by gender or languages spoken, then check costs before you go. This helps you find what’s best for you.
View claims: With one click, you can check claims. That means you can spend more time focused on your health and less on managing your health benefits.
View and use digital ID cards: You can always have your most current ID card handy. And you can use it just like a paper one when you visit the doctor, dentist, pay for care and more.
See all benefits: Sydney shows you essential information at a glance, whether that’s an overview of your plan, health reminders or suggestions for wellness programs. You also can find your deductible, copay and share of costs.
Use the interactive chat feature and get answers quickly: Simply type your questions in the app and get answers quickly. Plus, Sydney can suggest resources to help you understand your benefits, improve your health and save money.
Check My Family Health Records (myFHR): myFHR gives you easy access to your health data, including health history and electronic medical records, all in one place. Availability is based on your plan.
Website Video #Introduction
- 17 Reasons to use Steve Shorr Insurance
- Set a Meeting
Our Webpage on Insurance Coverage for
Consumer Resources & Links
Here’s Provider Lists from ALL companies.
Blue Cross SERVICE Phone # (800) 333-0912 or 310.519.1335
Which Blue Cross Anthem Plans are Grandfathered?
What are Multi State Plans?
Broker Information individualbrokers.com/ca1
WellPoint, Inc. Code of Conduct
What is a (Blue Cross or Shield) #Multi State Plan under the Affordable Care Act?
The Multi-State Plan (MSP) Program, established under the Affordable Care Act, directs OPM [Federal Office of Personnel Management*] to contract with private health insurers in each State to offer high-quality, affordable health insurance options called Multi-State Plans OPM.Gov FAQ’s
Multi-State Plans are overseen by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and are similar to the other Qualified Health Plan products offered on the exchanges. Generally, all of the same requirements that apply to other products also apply to these Multi-State Plan products. The name “Multi-State Plan” does NOT mean that consumers have health plan coverage for non-urgent care in multiple states. Excerpt from Agent Guide
OPM’s claim to fame appears to be that they have 50 years of experience running the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program. I do not see that the Multi State Programs have anything extra than the others. See also Minimum Essential Benefits and Medical Mandatory Loss Ratio’s
- Justice in Aging - Webinar Oral Health Coverage for Low Income Seniors
- 4 page summary of Denti Cal benefits from Justice in Aging
- National Institute for Dental Research - Caregiver information
- Health.Gov tips for older adults
Importance of Dental Coverage
Dental & General Health
I don't quite agree on the individual vs group rates & benefits - also group plans are income tax free - section 106
On the other hand - Sacramento Truck driver sudden dealth from tooth infection Sacramento Bee 1.31.2017
- Why Buy Dental Insurance?
- What dental Insurance... should I buy???
- When people ask, what dental insurance plan should I buy,The video from the dentist above says he's tempted to answer, "None of them".
But that's not a very helpful answer, so in this video the dentist attempts to give you some guidance about things to consider before buying a dental insurance plan. Keep in mind that there also are finance plans available if you decide to go that route. And, you should not be shy about negotiating with your dentist regarding his or her fee for the services that you need.
Provider Lists – Definitions
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY NETWORK?
Exclusive provider organization (EPO):
With our EPO plans, you’ll be able to see any in network doctor. It’s a good idea to have a primary care doctor to coordinate your care, so we’ll pick one close to your home and let you know your assignment in the beginning of the year. You don’t need to see this doctor for services or referrals, and you can change your assigned primary care doctor at any time.
EPO plans don’t offer out of network benefits, except for emergency and urgent care, ambulance services or when a service is pre approved. If you see a doctor not in your plan for any other reason, you’ll have to pay 100% out of pocket.
EPO plans are available in Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Monterey, Nevada, Plumas, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Louis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Ventura and Yuba counties.
Health maintenance organization (HMO):
With an HMO, you have to choose a primary care doctor to manage your care needs — including getting referrals to see other network doctors. HMOs don’t offer out of network benefits, except for emergency and urgent care or when a service is pre approved. If you see a doctor not in your plan for any other reason, you’ll have to pay 100% out of pocket HMO plans are available in Fresno, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Riverside and San Bernardino counties Brochure * 2021 Brochure *
Instructions - How to use Provider Search
- What to do when you receive a doctor bill VIDEO
- VIDEO When you're looking for health insurance in California, consider the quality of care provided by Anthem Blue Cross. The Anthem team knows the needs of growing families and offers an array of plans that offer affordable coverage for members of all ages.
- VIDEO What do do when you get a doctor's bill
- Live Health ONLINE - Tele Med with therapist VIDEO
- SYDNEY Overview VIDEO
- What is a provider network Video
- In & Out of Network - What's a network? HN Video
Enroll in Medi-Cal?
Use the #C4yourself website or My Benefits cal.com - Cal Win? based on the County you live in
Plus these programs -
CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) and
Then find the webpage that you need
Apply during business hours Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm at 1-800-281-9799
How to Video
Blue Cross – Medi-Cal Commercial VIDEO
We do not represent Anthem for Medi-Cal – Contact them direct
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- Historical Guide 2006 CHCF 174 pages
- CalAIM California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal — is a far-reaching, multiyear plan to transform California’s Medi-Cal program and to make it integrate more seamlessly with other social services. The goal of CalAIM is to improve outcomes for the millions of Californians covered by Medi-Cal, especially those with the most complex needs.
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage on Medi & Denti Cal Benefits
- Western Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Our Webpage on