Anthem Blue Cross
Medi-Gap – Supplements Plans G, A, F & N
Introduction to Medi Gap
A Medi-Gap plan allows you to keep your Original Medicare, and all your doctors. Blue Cross Medi-Gap plans pay in addition what Medicare Pays under Part A Hospital & Part B Dr. Visits – namely, the 20% Co Pays. Visit any Doctor or Hospital that accepts Medicare You still need to purchase Part D Rx.
There is no extra charge for our services. We are paid by Blue Cross to help you enroll and to consult with you year around. Our broker ID is GFKGQSJSRZ.
It’s best to apply when you turn 65 for the supplement plans or Advantage Plans, as that’s the main “Open Enrollment” period, guaranteed issue for any plan.
Anthem Blue Cross
Medi Gap – #Brochures
ONLINE Enrollment & Information for ALL Plans
- Medi Gap Brochure Rev 2024 16 pages
- Outline of Coverage & Rates 30 pages Details of Plans A, F, Innovative F, G & N 2024
- 5% Family Household Discount see page 3
- If you apply at age 65 or another guaranteed issue time like birthday rule you get the lowest non tobacco rates. If you do underwriting health questions if you smoke rates could be higher see page 2 for details
- See FAQ’s below for comparisons with older grandfathered plans
- Anthem has a total of 7 Medicare advantage plans, 6 Special needs plans, 5 Medi Gap Plans and 2 Part D Plans
- Paper pdf fillable application – ONLINE is better * VIDEO Instructions
- * Online Enrollment is better and faster
Medicare Part A Hospital coverage helps pay for care in hospitals as an inpatient,... skilled nursing facilities, hospice care, and some home health care (see publication # 10969) but not Long Term Care.
Most people get Part A automatically when they turn age 65 at no charge, since they or a spouse paid Medicare taxes while they were working. You need to sign up close to your 65th birthday, even if you will not be retired by that time. (If you are getting Social Security benefits when you turn 65, your Medicare Hospital Benefits - Part A - start automatically.)
Here's a chart it's just a illustration and is NOT official that shows what Medicare pays, the gaps in Medicare and what you may get when you add a Medi Gap Plan or Medicare Advantage to cover those gaps.
See full brochure I cut and pasted this from
Medi Gap – Supplement Plans
Pays on top of Medicare Parts A & B – Any Medicare Provider
Part B - Outpatient helps Pay For Doctors' services, outpatient hospital care, and some other medical services that Part A does not cover, such as the services of physical and occupational therapists, and some home health care see publication 10969, but not Long Term Care. Part B helps pay for these covered services and supplies when they are medically necessary.
Our Webpages with more detail:
- Coverage in Part A Hospital & B Doctor Visits? Part D Rx
- Chiropractic – Medicare A & B – MAPD
- Diabetes – Prevention & Coverage under Medicare & ACA
- Durable Medical Equipment
- End Stage Renal – Kidney Failure
- Hearing Aids
- Physical therapy – occupational speech
- Skilled Nursing SNF & Home Health What Medicare Pays
- Togetherness – Loneliness Social Determinants of Health
- Mental Health
- How to sign up for Medicare?
- FAQ Medical Necessity our Medical Necessity Webpage
- Original Medicare & Medi-Gap – Supplement vs Medicare Advantage MAPD
- Medicare Beneficiaries’ Out-of-Pocket Spending for Health Care AARP
Our video explaining the Governments brochure on choosing a Medi Gap Policy. Click the little square on the right, to enlarge the video.
- 2023 Official Medicare Guide to choosing a Medi Gap Policy # 02110
- Anthem Blue Cross Information & Enrollment
- United Health Care
- Blue Shield – Medi-Gap Information & Enrollment
- Health Net
Medi Gap pays the medical expenses that Original Medicare Part A (Hospital) and Part B (Doctor) doesn't. Check out the chart on this page to see what Medicare Pays, what you pay and what a Medi Gap plan pays.
- If you have a Medigap policy and get care, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs. Then, your Medi-gap policy will pay its share. You’re responsible for any costs that are left. Medicare.Gov *
Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage nor Medi Gap pay for long term care either in a nursing home or at home care. Get more information on Long Term Care here. Even if you think you can't afford any extra premiums, there's a lot of valuable information to help with planning.
- Our Webpage on Medicare Assignment – Doctor Participating or Not?
- Compare Hospitals - Search Medicare.gov
- Medicare Guide to Choosing a Hospital Publication # 10181
- Hospital Readmission Penalty Look Up
- Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) Clinical Guidelines - Oscar
- US News & World Report America's Best Hospitals
****Comments – FAQ’s *****
Just received a membership card from Blue of CA, called Silver Sneakers Fitness Program. I called the gym listed – Canyon Crest Athletic Club (One of the premier clubs in Riverside). They told me with the card, I am essentially a full-fledged member of the club with access to all facilities!
Pretty good deal for $53 / month Insurance premium.
Evidence of Coverage?
We will have these up shortly. Plain English of all the coverage and details. Could be 100 to 300 pages…
Dental & Vision
Email us [email protected] for information
- How to appoint us as your broker of record on a Medi Gap plan – no extra charge
- Anthem Broker Connection – BROKER ONLY