Blue Shield Medi-Gap – Supplement Plans
These plans allow you to go to ANY Doctor or Hospital that accepts Medicare
Plans at a Glance
April 2021 Rates?
Paper Application 2021
but online is better
No extra charge for us to assist you!
Already enrolled? Appoint us as your broker. No extra charge
A Medigap policy is private health insurance that helps supplement Original Medicare. This means it helps pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover (like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles). These are “gaps” in Medicare coverage.
If you have Original Medicare and a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amounts for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plans – Part C (like an HMO or PPO) because those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, (here’s a comparison of the differences) while a Medigap policy only supplements the costs of your Original Medicare benefits. Medicare.Gov Guide to Medigap *
Medicare Part A
Medicare Part A Hospital coverage helps pay for care in hospitals as an inpatient,... skilled nursing facilities, hospice care, and some home health care (see publication # 10969) but not Long Term Care.
Most people get Part A automatically when they turn age 65 at no charge, since they or a spouse paid Medicare taxes while they were working. You need to sign up close to your 65th birthday, even if you will not be retired by that time. (If you are getting Social Security benefits when you turn 65, your Medicare Hospital Benefits - Part A - start automatically.)
Here's a chart it's just a illustration and is NOT official that shows what Medicare pays, the gaps in Medicare and what you may get when you add a Medi Gap Plan or Medicare Advantage to cover those gaps.
Part B (Medical Insurance)
Part B - Outpatient helps Pay For Doctors' services, outpatient hospital care, and some other medical services that Part A does not cover, such as the services of physical and occupational therapists, and some home health care see publication 10969, but not Long Term Care. Part B helps pay for these covered services and supplies when they are medically necessary.
Care Compare Video
Care Compare on Medicare.gov is a streamlined redesign of the 8 Medicare.gov compare tools.
Medicare Video - Physician Compare
Our Webpage on What is it when your doctor Medicare agrees to Assignment?
Dental PPO Plan and Dental + Vision brochure and enrollment application
Blue Shield Plan G & Extra
Medicare Medi Gap Supplement
- Household Savings Program
- Welcome to Medicare Rate Savings
- Dental and Dental & Vision Plan savings
- Easy$PaySM online payment program
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email to us
- FAQs / Ask Us a Question
Plan G EXTRA
Blue Shield’s newest Medicare Supplement plan has all the benefits offered by regular Plan G
PLUS these Benefits
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) items benefits: including coverage for eligible OTC health and wellness products such as cold and allergy medicines, first-aid supplies, pain relievers, and more
- Physician consultation benefits: available by phone or video via computer or mobile app
- Hearing aid benefits: including an annual hearing test and savings on Vista brand mid-level and premium-level hearing aids
- Vision benefits: including coverage for the cost of eye exams, frames, eyeglass or contact lenses that are not traditionally covered by Original Medicare
See the summary of benefits in the module on below your right for more details.
April 2020 Changes
Summary of changes on Blue Shield Site
Rate schedule effective 4/1/2020
Rate schedule effective 1/1/2020
Rate schedule effective 10/1/19
Rate schedule ending 9/30/2019
2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 9/30/2019)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 5/31/2010)
1990 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 12/31/2005)
Evidence of Coverage
(Email us if the links require a password)
Evidences of Coverage for Open Plans
Get complete descriptions of our open Medicare Supplement plans.
Evidences of Coverage for 2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 9/30/2019)
Get complete descriptions of our closed Medicare Supplement plans effective 10/1/2019.
Evidences of Coverage for Standardized and Pre-Standardized Closed Plans (closed prior to 5/31/2010)
Get complete descriptions of our closed Medicare Supplement plans.
Plan A (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan B (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan C (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan D (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan F (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan G (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan J (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan K (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan H Standard (PDF)
Plan H Plus Rx (PDF)
Plan I Standard (PDF)
Plan I Plus Rx (PDF)
Coronet Major Medicare (PDF)
Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Preferred Senior (PDF)
Closed plan rate sheets
Resources & Links
Member Services 800.766.4466
- Medicare Provider Finder (Any MD that takes Medicare works on this plan)
- Blue Shield guaranteed.acceptance.guide.
- Silver Sneakers.com
- Blue Shield CA .com – Explanation
- Blue Shield Financial Strength
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email [email protected] to us
Blue Shield Medi Gap Forms
Email [email protected] or call us 310.519.1335
Child & Related Pages – Site Map