Plans at a Glance
- Summary of Benefits Rev 7.2021 Plan G Be sure to return the application to us or see link above to enroll online
- July 2021 Rates Los Angeles Scroll down for other counties
- Going Forward ONLY ONE rate change per year!
- Paper Application 2021 but online is better
- Plan Transfer Application Be sure to add our agent # 8914 or NAIC National Producer # 2710578 so that we can credit for helping you Hints to complete the plan transfer application
- No extra charge for us to assist you!
- Already enrolled? Appoint us as your broker. No extra charge
A Medigap policy is private health insurance that helps supplement Original Medicare. This means it helps pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover (like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles). These are “gaps” in Medicare coverage.
If you have Original Medicare and a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amounts for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plans – Part C (like an HMO or PPO) because those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, (here’s a comparison of the differences) while a Medigap policy only supplements the costs of your Original Medicare benefits. Medicare.Gov Guide to Medigap *
Medicare Part A Hospital coverage helps pay for care in hospitals as an inpatient,... skilled nursing facilities, hospice care, and some home health care (see publication # 10969) but not Long Term Care.
Most people get Part A automatically when they turn age 65 at no charge, since they or a spouse paid Medicare taxes while they were working. You need to sign up close to your 65th birthday, even if you will not be retired by that time. (If you are getting Social Security benefits when you turn 65, your Medicare Hospital Benefits - Part A - start automatically.)
Here's a chart it's just a illustration and is NOT official that shows what Medicare pays, the gaps in Medicare and what you may get when you add a Medi Gap Plan or Medicare Advantage to cover those gaps.
Part B - Outpatient helps Pay For Doctors' services, outpatient hospital care, and some other medical services that Part A does not cover, such as the services of physical and occupational therapists, and some home health care see publication 10969, but not Long Term Care. Part B helps pay for these covered services and supplies when they are medically necessary.
Care Compare Video
Care Compare on Medicare.gov is a streamlined redesign of the 8 Medicare.gov compare tools.
Medicare Video - Physician Compare
Our Webpage on What is it when your doctor Medicare agrees to Assignment?
Dental PPO Plan and Dental + Vision brochure and enrollment application
EOC Evidence of Coverage
Evidence of Coverage
2022 Open Plans
Evidences of Coverage for 2010 Standardized Closed Plans (closed 9/30/2019)
Evidences of Coverage for Standardized and Pre-Standardized Closed Plans (closed prior to 5/31/2010)
Get complete descriptions of our closed Medicare Supplement plans.
Plan A (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan B (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan C (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan D (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan F (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan G (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan J (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan K (pre June 2010) (PDF)
Plan H Standard (PDF)
Plan H Plus Rx (PDF)
Plan I Standard (PDF)
Plan I Plus Rx (PDF)
Coronet Major Medicare (PDF)
Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Standard (PDF)
Golden Coronet Senior Plus Rx (PDF)
Preferred Senior (PDF)
Closed plan rate sheets
Resources & Links
Member Services 800.766.4466
- Medicare Provider Finder (Any MD that takes Medicare works on this plan)
- Blue Shield guaranteed.acceptance.guide.
- Silver Sneakers.com
- Blue Shield CA .com – Explanation
- Blue Shield Financial Strength
- Medicare Supplement Plan Transfer Application – be sure to put in our name as agent and email [email protected] to us
Blue Shield Videos On Medicare
“Medicare Enlightenment” video series out now!
- Medicare Enlightenment – Entire Video 18 minutes
- Different Parts of Medicare
- Original Medicare Parts A& B: What’s Not Covered
- When can I enroll in Medicare
- Your Medicare Coverage Choices at a Glance
- Medicare Advantage Plans – Part C
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Prescription Drug Plans
Blue Shield Medi Gap Forms
Email [email protected] or call us 310.519.1335
Our webpage on High Income Surcharge IRMAA
Our High Income Surcharge Video Explanation
- Kaiser Foundation Introduction - Overview
- Medicare Rx Benefit Manual Rev 1.2016 83 pages
- Network Pharmacies, Formularies & Common Coverage Rules # 11136
- Insulin Maximum Co Pay $35
- Donut Hole – Coverage Gap
- Rx covered under Part B
- Maximus Appeals LEP Late Enrollment Penalty
- VIDEO How Part D Late Enrollment Penalty is calculated
- Premiums for those with High Income Parts D Rx & B Doctor Visits
- Medicare Rules for High Income People Medicare Costs # 11579
- Shop & Compare Tools Part D Rx
- Get Instant Quotes, Information & Enroll online
Child & Related Pages – Site Map