2021 Blue Shield Trio & PPO
CA Individual & Family
We’ve represented Blue Shield for 40 years and have been quite happy. There is no charge for you to have our expertise as Blue Shield pays us. It helps them too!
Check out the brochure to the right if you have a full size monitor or below if you are on a smart phone. See the buttons to enroll, set a Zoom meeting or ask us a question.
Picking a PPO Primary Care Physician PCP – MD
PPO members for all Covered CA plans and maybe all? plans will now have a central point of contact PCP – Primary Care Physician, in the health system for receiving long-term, comprehensive, coordinated care for most health needs. PPO members are able to switch PCPs at any time. There is no action for members to take. Blue Shield will provide additional details on this new feature in the coming weeks.
Members of non-grandfathered PPO plans will continue to have the freedom to choose specialists and other providers – without referrals inside or outside the network – as they do now.
PPO Primary Care MD – member communication from Covered California
- What is a primary care physician?
- Why is it important to have a PCP?
- How did we select your PCP match?
- When will I receive information about the PCP that I was matched with?
- I’ve been matched with a PCP. Now what?
- What should I consider when evaluating my PCP?
- How do I change my PCP?
- I already have a doctor that I like. How do I know if my preferred PCP is part of my plan’s network?
- I can’t find my preferred PCP in the Exclusive PPO Network. What do I do now?
- Will my PCP appear on my ID card?
- What happens if I make a change to my PCP?
- How often can I change my PCP?
- Provider Finder
- Finding or changing MD with Trio Plan VIDEO
- Blue Shield Exclusive PPO Your new ppo * PPO Primary MD FAQ’s * has 50k+ doctors and 320 hospitals statewide, plus Blue Card benefits out of state & country. 2020 Agent Guide * Member Outreach Bulletin *
- How to use the Finding a provider tool above VIDEO
- Understanding Your Plan pdf
- Nurse Help 24/7, Heal and Teladoc save on prescriptions ER vs. urgent care.
- Get the most from your health care plan VIDEO
- Use your online account to review claims, copays or deductibles and take advantage of other member benefits.
- Explanatory VIDEOS on everything... from Blue Shield
- Our webpage for PRINT Directory’s MAPD Plans
- Late Bloomers – Medicare – VIDEO
- Enroll and get full details on our
Our other webpages on Rx
- Bronze Plan – How are Drugs Reimbursed?
- Is my prescription on the formulary – approved list?