Short Term Private Individual & Small Business
Disability Income Protection
Introduction Private Income Protection
A Disability Insurance Policy can provide you with up to 1/2 of your regular paycheck or business earnings (Schedule C – Section 106) . Social Security Disability, SDI for Biz Owners nd SDI for employees might not be enough or work for you. Having coverage is very important as 1/2 of all bankruptcies involve medical issues.
Coverage up to 50% of earnings should come close to being equal to your current income, as you don’t have the expenses of going to work and lower taxes. One in Four of today’s 20 year olds will become disabled before age 67 and the length of time one is disabled is getting longer too. Standard Flyer *
The benefits are usually Income Tax free and of course, the Insurance Company wants to encourage you to go back to work, so they don’t want you to make too much by not working.
- Questions to ask yourself
- Is your risk protection package coverage up to date?
- How much in US Dollars of protection do you need?
- Planning vs Policy
- What are your Goals, desire, action
- wealth replacement strategy
- How would you pay your mortgage, bills, food if you were not able to work?
- What medications do you take?
- What conditions are you monitoring?
- What is your most valuable asset?
- Videos and brochures
- Disability can Happen.org * Blog *
- Where did your paycheck go – living confidently.com/protect-your-paycheck learn more about disability.
- 5 myths of pay check protection?
- Medical coverage under Health Care Reform only pays for 10 essential benefits, not lost income.
- MetLife Brochure – Will your coverage be enough?
- Met Life Income Guard Brochure
- policy genius.com/long-term-disability-insurance-faqs
Group and Employer Disability Paycheck Protection
Reasons to get Disability Coverage for your employees:
- It replaces a portion of an employee’s income if they should ever become ill or injured and unable to work.
- SDI State Disability Insurance may not be enough!
- Around 90 percent of all workers consider their ability to earn an income as their most important financial resource.
- Increased benefit choices can increase employee loyalty to the employer.
- Around 75 percent of employees consider benefits extremely important.
- Around 80 percent of employees say benefits provide peace of mind.
- Learn More – Blog Disability Can Happen.org *
- Standard Business Overhead Protector – Expenses
Steve on Disability Income Protection
- Email [email protected]
- Statistics from Disability Can Happen.org
- Our other Webpages on Disability & Unemployment Coverage
Business Owner – Overhead Expense Coverage
Blue Cross Long & Short Term, Voluntary and Employer Paid
Summary.BC.Disabilty.Guide. Quick reference guide
Life and Disability products Sales guide 24.pages
Insurance – Disability Calculators
- calculate your chances of being disabled and how much income loss there might be?
- Broad Ridge Advisors Tool
- Income Needs
- Chances of Becoming Disabled Quiz
- Social Security Administration – Estimate Your Potential Benefit Disability & Retirement Benefit
- whats my Earned Income Quotient.org How much might you earn in your future?
How to prove loss and amount of Income at #Claim Time?
How disabled are you – what restrictions and limitations are preventing you from performing your regular occupation or gainful occupation so you can file the “proof of claim” – “proof of loss” for you occupation and earnings.
The main reason that an insurer denies a claim for long-term disability or short-term disability benefits is because they don’t think there is enough medical evidence that your really unable to return to your job and do the substantial and material duties of your occupation. mslawllp.com
Links & Resources
How do I show that I’m not able to do a sedentary job – computer work?
- Check your actual policy – evidence of coverage
- See our webpage on Long Term Care and various scales of disability
Factors in Evaluating
Parents & Care Givers
Check out our webpage on getting your own private disability coverage, in addition to Social Security Disability or SDI State Disability Coverage
- Links & Resources
Disability Income Video's
- Joe Inger
- Charcot Disease
- He had DI coverage
- Joel Canfield VIDEO
- Monica Soltes story VIDEO as she did NOT have Disability Coverage
- More Disability Video's from Life Happens.org
- More Video's from Ameritas
Barry Shore - no relation - Real Estate Executive
Barry Shore, a 55-year-old real estate executive, was enjoying a normal life when a rare neurological disorder struck suddenly, causing him to lose all movement in his body.
Throughout his ordeal, money is one thing Barry and his family haven't worried about thanks to smart insurance planning. Disability insurance payments have replaced more than half of Barry's income. And long-term care insurance has provided more than enough to pay for in-home care as well as physical, occupational and water therapy.
Definition Total Disability - VIDEO
Private Disability Insurance
Links & Resources
- Disability can Happen.org * Blog *
- Where did your paycheck go - living confidently.com/protect-your-paycheck learn more about disability.
- About Disability Insurance.com
- Other stories from Life-Happens.org
- Disability Can Happen.org
- Disability Insurance 101 Six Page pdf
- defend your income.org/ ♦
Disability Buy – Sell
- Disability Benefits cannot be liened against, garnished or taken in Bankruptcy ( CCP §704.130, CA JCC Form EJ 155, CA Claim of Exemption Info.,)
- Guaranteed-Issue Multi-Life Disability Insurance Petersen
- Other Coverage’s to pay for various types of Disability
- Mental Health Resources – Essential Benefit
- 106. (a) Disability Definition CA Insurance Code
- "health insurance" specified disease insurance workers' compensation Long-term care.
- Art Fries claim advise can help you
- Disability Concepts.com - Gerry Katz - Disabilty Claim Consultant
- Top 10 Disability Claim Mistakes LA Times.com
- long term disability lawyer.com FAQs
- Covid - Long Haulers - Frustration
- Law Help.org Disability
- Mortgage Loan.com on buying a home for people with Disabilities.
- 2013 Disability Divide Employer Research Report
- BROKER ONLY
#SSI-Related Programs, Private Disability & Coverage Groups
Income & Assets Chart
Our web pages on:
- Aged and Disabled Federal Poverty Level Program
- IHSS In Home Supportive Services
- Part B Medicare Premium paid by Medi Cal
- Share of Cost – What is it?
- Social Security Disability – SSDI
- SSI – Supplemental Security Benefits – Automatic Medi Cal
- Disability Income – Pay Check Protection
- Part D Rx Low Income Subsidy – LIS – Extra Help
- Hospice Coverage – Medicare
- SSI for Groups & Organizations Publication # 11015
1. If you lost your paycheck today, how many months would you be able to pay your bills?
2. If you were too ill or injured to work, how would you pay for the increased medical expenses (medical insurance, co-pays, deductibles, etc)?
3. Do you know if your job provides disability income benefits? Do you qualify?
short term disability for small business quotes
what is disability income
is long term disability considered earned income
I’m presently on STD Short Term Disability.
“what will happen to my medical benefits when I’m on LTD.
Here’s our webpage on California State Disability Insurance.
We are not sure of your question about medical benefits? Do you mean group health coverage from your employer? See also this health coverage guide.
COBRA – when your job ends, guarantees coverage for 18 months. However, the premiums are your responsibility. Get quotes for Individual coverage in CA. ACA/Health Care Reform provides for guaranteed issue, no pre-x clause coverage. You don’t have to wait for Open Enrollment, there is special enrollment when you lose employer coverage. If not in CA, try this NAHU National Assoc of Health Underwriters find a broker tool.
SHRM on when health insurance benefits terminate for a leave of absence.
Here’s more information on Short Term vs Long Term Disability Coverage.