Organizing, Hoarding & Cluttering
Big Bang Theory – Fortress of Shame VIDEO
- Ted Talks – Jennifer discovered the ten-item wardrobe concept VIDEO while living in Paris with Madame Chic and her family. In this talk she shares her endearing story, tips on how you can make a ten-item wardrobe work for you, and why
- Story of Stuff
- Full Box Shredding
- Getting Rid of Mental Clutter – Not giving a F*** Ted Talks
- Facebook Video Tour – No clutter – He’s taken “my advice” what if all your stuff is lost or destroyed, what would you replace? If you wouldn’t replace it, get rid of it now. LA Times 11.24.2016 .
- 101 slides in pdf Overview NHS.UK
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
#NAPO (National Assoc. of Professional Organizers)
Jeanne Shorr – Founder
The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), launched in 1983 by a small group of women in Los Angeles, now boasts 4,000 members who go into homes, help owners figure out what’s worth keeping and push them to purge the rest.
1983 – A group working as professional organizers began to meet informally in Los Angeles and decided to give their meetings a name, the Association of Professional Organizers (APO).
1985 – The association formalized by electing officers, who later that year would be named the founding members: Beverly Clower, Stephanie Culp, Ann Gambrell, Maxine Ordesky, and Jeanie Shorr.
- real homes.com/15-minute-declutter-method-for-any-room
- Can Occupational Therapy Address the Occupational Implications of Hoarding?
- ot everyday.ca/theres-help-for-hoarding
- Hoarding Scale – Activities of Daily Living
- The Container Store
- cat urine problems eliminated.com/
- Get Organized Wizard.com
- social work today.com
- professional shredding services.com so cal shred.com
- Resources & Links
- Face to Face Meetings LA Area
- Find a Hoarding Therapists in CA Psychology Today
AA’s 12 STEPS, INCLUDING #POWERFUL 4 TH STEP WORKSHEETS
Herb K's workbook
- Our Webpage on Medicare Assignment – Doctor Participating or Not?
- Compare Hospitals - Search Medicare.gov
- Medicare Guide to Choosing a Hospital Publication # 10181
- Hospital Readmission Penalty Look Up
- Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) Clinical Guidelines - Oscar
- US News & World Report America's Best Hospitals
That's why the premium is very low or ZERO!
- Set a phone or Skype Meeting
- #Intake Form - We can better prepare for the meeting
- HMO - Narrow Networks?
- Do I just sign up with a Medicare Advantage Company and automatically get * Parts A & B or do I have to get those from Medicare.Gov * VIDEO
- Get Quotes, Full Information and Enroll
- MANDATED wording!: Think Advisor * ‘‘We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.’’
- We disagree with the above wording, as we can use the same tools on Medicare.gov as they do!
- FYI a 4.27.2022 HHS Office of the Inspector General report found that MAPD plans denied 13% of prior authorizations that would have been covered under original Medicare (Conversely, Medi Gap, just follows what Medicare pays.)
- 88% of MAPD enrollees are happy
MAPD plans often include Dental & Part D - Rx Prescriptions and often have NO premiums! How is that possible? The Federal Government pays them around $700/month to handle your medical care. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium of about $170/month. It's best to apply when you turn 65 for the supplement plans or advantage plans, as that's the main "Open Enrollment" period, guaranteed issue for any plan.
Medicare Advantage Plans also have an annual open enrollment now known as AEP Annual Election Period October 7 to December 15th.
Additional Coverage is important as Medical Bills are increasing Seniors Credit Card Debt or leading to possible bankruptcy?
- One of our colleagues on how Dental for Everyone Works.
- Some of our webpages on dental
- VSP Vision
Term Life Quote #naaipquote
- Set up Schedule a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
- Life Screening Form Detailed NAAIP
- Please complete & return and we'll search and consult for you.
- Short ONE page form - CPS
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
- Our Quote Engine Takes all the complexity out of using pencil and paper to figure out the premiums per the Obamacare/ACA rules under CFR §1.36B-3 *
- Get more detail on the Individual & Family Carriers available in CA
Mental Health - Related Pages
- 10 Essential Mandatory Federal Benefits ACA + CA Benefits
- Mental Health – ACA/Health Reform Mandated Essential Benefit
- Mental Health – Outpatient – Therapist – Medicare
- Resources – Mental Health – Conservatorship – FSP
- Find Resources – Aunt Bertha
- FSP Full Service Partnership
- Laura’s Law
- Lanterman LPS Conservatorships
- Gravely Disabled Definition
- Consumer Guide to LPS Act
- Probate Conservatorships
- Power of Attorney
- Special Needs Trust
- §1370 Murphy Conservatorship
- Social Determinants of Health Togetherness – Loneliness
- Organizing, Hoarding, & Cluttering
- Medicare & Mental Health
- Pre-Existing Conditions – ACA No more!