Organizing, Hoarding & Cluttering
Big Bang Theory – Fortress of Shame VIDEO
- Ted Talks – Jennifer discovered the ten-item wardrobe concept VIDEO while living in Paris with Madame Chic and her family. In this talk she shares her endearing story, tips on how you can make a ten-item wardrobe work for you, and why
- Story of Stuff
- Full Box Shredding
- Getting Rid of Mental Clutter – Not giving a F*** Ted Talks
- Facebook Video Tour – No clutter – He’s taken “my advice” what if all your stuff is lost or destroyed, what would you replace? If you wouldn’t replace it, get rid of it now. LA Times 11.24.2016 .
Challenges in Treating Hoarding in Midlife and Older Adults –
- 101 slides in pdf Overview NHS.UK
- Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
#NAPO (National Assoc. of Professional Organizers)
Jeanne Shorr – Founder
- Los Angeles NAPO
- Watch Video on how NAPO was started
The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), launched in 1983 by a small group of women in Los Angeles, now boasts 4,000 members who go into homes, help owners figure out what’s worth keeping and push them to purge the rest.
1983 – A group working as professional organizers began to meet informally in Los Angeles and decided to give their meetings a name, the Association of Professional Organizers (APO).
1985 – The association formalized by electing officers, who later that year would be named the founding members: Beverly Clower, Stephanie Culp, Ann Gambrell, Maxine Ordesky, and Jeanie Shorr.
InsuBuy International Medical Coverage –
Instant Quotes & Enrollment
Coverage for Travel - $50k Emergency under Medicare Medi Gap or MAPD Advantage may not be enough!
How to #clear clutter
- real homes.com/15-minute-declutter-method-for-any-room
- Can Occupational Therapy Address the Occupational Implications of Hoarding?
- ot everyday.ca/theres-help-for-hoarding
- Hoarding Scale – Activities of Daily Living
#Organization & Storage Solutions
- The Container Store
- cat urine problems eliminated.com/
- Get Organized Wizard.com
- social work today.com
- professional shredding services.com so cal shred.com
- Resources & Links
- Face to Face Meetings LA Area
- Find a Hoarding Therapists in CA Psychology Today
#Resources & Information on OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- International OCD Foundation iocdf.org
- OCD Los Angeles
- beyond ocd.org
- renewed freedom center.com
- Anxiety Disorders
- OCD Support Group
- Gate Way OCD Institute – a new beginning 714.549.1030
- Los Angeles Body Dysmorphic Disorder & Body Image Clinic
AA’s 12 STEPS, INCLUDING #POWERFUL 4 TH STEP WORKSHEETS
Herb K's workbook
Find Medicare Doctors who accept assignment #MD
- Our Webpage on Medicare Assignment – Doctor Participating or Not?
- Compare Hospitals - Search Medicare.gov
- Medicare Guide to Choosing a Hospital Publication # 10181
- Hospital Readmission Penalty Look Up
- Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) Clinical Guidelines - Oscar
- US News & World Report America's Best Hospitals
- UCLA #3
- Cedar's Sinai # 6
- UCSF San Francisco #9
- Stanford #12
#Understanding Medicare Advantage Plans (PDF) #12026
Insurance Companies get a fee from the Federal Government, when you enroll in an MAPD plan. MAPD Plans must cover all A & B services Medicare.Gov *
That's why the premium is very low or ZERO!
- Set a phone or Skype Meeting
- #Intake Form - We can better prepare for the meeting
- HMO - Narrow Networks?
- Do I just sign up with a Medicare Advantage Company and automatically get * Parts A & B or do I have to get those from Medicare.Gov * VIDEO
- Get Quotes, Full Information and Enroll
- MANDATED wording!: Think Advisor * ‘‘We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.’’
- We disagree with the above wording, as we can use the same tools on Medicare.gov as they do!
- FYI a 4.27.2022 HHS Office of the Inspector General report found that MAPD plans denied 13% of prior authorizations that would have been covered under original Medicare (Conversely, Medi Gap, just follows what Medicare pays.)
- 88% of MAPD enrollees are happy
MAPD plans often include Dental & Part D - Rx Prescriptions and often have NO premiums! How is that possible? The Federal Government pays them around $700/month to handle your medical care. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium of about $170/month. It's best to apply when you turn 65 for the supplement plans or advantage plans, as that's the main "Open Enrollment" period, guaranteed issue for any plan.
Medicare Advantage Plans also have an annual open enrollment now known as AEP Annual Election Period October 7 to December 15th.
Additional Coverage is important as Medical Bills are increasing Seniors Credit Card Debt or leading to possible bankruptcy?
Dental For #Everyone,
has an excellent website with full brochures, Instant online quoting and enrollment
- One of our colleagues on how Dental for Everyone Works.
- Some of our webpages on dental
- VSP Vision
Term Life Quote #naaipquote
- Set up Schedule a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
How much life insurance you really need?
- Life Screening Form Detailed NAAIP
- Please complete & return and we'll search and consult for you.
- Short ONE page form - CPS
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
All our plans are Guaranteed Issue with No Pre X Clause
Quote & Subsidy #Calculation
There is No charge for our complementary services
Watch our 10 minute VIDEO
that explains everything about getting a quote
- Our Quote Engine Takes all the complexity out of using pencil and paper to figure out the premiums per the Obamacare/ACA rules under CFR §1.36B-3 *
- Get more detail on the Individual & Family Carriers available in CA
Mental Health - Related Pages
- 10 Essential Mandatory Federal Benefits ACA + CA Benefits
- Mental Health – ACA/Health Reform Mandated Essential Benefit
- Mental Health – Outpatient – Therapist – Medicare
- Resources – Mental Health – Conservatorship – FSP
- Find Resources – Aunt Bertha
- FSP Full Service Partnership
- Laura’s Law
- Lanterman LPS Conservatorships
- Gravely Disabled Definition
- Consumer Guide to LPS Act
- Probate Conservatorships
- Power of Attorney
- Special Needs Trust
- §1370 Murphy Conservatorship
- Social Determinants of Health Togetherness – Loneliness
- Organizing, Hoarding, & Cluttering
- Medicare & Mental Health
- Pre-Existing Conditions – ACA No more!