International Travel Health Insurance
Visitors to USA
Get instant online Travel Policy enrollment and details. The site includes coverage for vacations, business travel, USA coverage for visitors from other countries and coverage for employees in locations around the world.
- We can also get you a standard USA policy click for free quotes if you are “lawfully present and a resident of California.
- Coverage for NEW Immigrants to USA includes discussion on Medi Cal (Medicaid), lawful presence and Medicare – it gets very confusing! Email us [email protected] and let us know your situation.
- #Trip Cancellation We don’t have a travel agents license though, just go direct.
COVID 19 Travel Coverage
Visit our affiliate TRAVEL website for more details.
- coronavirus-coverage-in-travel-medical-insurance visiting USA
- Pre Existing Conditions?
- Los Angeles Times July 24th 2020 on relevance of Travel Coverage post COVID 19.
- Our webpage on COVID 19 coverage on USA policies
Please note that IMHO all the COVID rules are very confusing and conflicting. Be sure to check with the
Resources & Links
- IMG’s 2022 Travel Outlook Survey
- Air Travel Is Chaos Right Now. What to Know Before You Fly Time Magazine June 30, 2022
- Wikipedia – Travel Insurance
- Blue Card explanation
- US Customs and Border Protection aka ICE
- Medical Info for American’s Traveling Abroad US State Department
- Medicare Coverage Outside of USA # 11037 ♦
- $50k Emergency Coverage in Supplemental & Unlimited? Medicare Advantage Plans
- Apply for US Passport
- Translate a Web Page
#Insubuy Travel Health Insurance
Instant Quotes, Details and ONLINE Enrollment
Steve talks about International Travel Insurance VIDEO
US State Department - Travel - Insurance
Our webpage on Travel Insurance
Medicare A & B if you don't #live in USA
Medicare just visiting Out of County Publication # 11037
- Medicare VIDEO Medicare & You: Traveling Abroad
- Our webpage on Medicare Coverage outside of USA
- FAQ - Buying Medi Gap if you live outside USA
- Get Travel Quotes & Information
Payments if you are living outside of USA # 10137
- What if you work in two or more different Countries?
- International Social Security agreements,“Totalization agreements,” have two main purposes.
- First, they eliminate dual Social Security taxation, the situation that occurs when a worker from one country works in another country and is required to pay Social Security taxes to both countries on the same earnings.
- Second, the agreements help fill gaps in benefit protection for workers who have divided their careers between the United States and another country.
- TAX #Guides
He Returned to the US for His Daughter’s Wedding. He Left With a $42,000 Hospital Bill.
Is it better to buy travel insurance in the form of
a) annual multi-trip plan -or-
b) individual plans for individual trips.
I am less interested in lost baggage, flight delays, etc (standard trip insurance items) and more interested in waiving “pre-existing conditions”, primary medical and evac. insurance.
Ideally an annual plan would cover outside of California but inside the USA (Blue Shield of CA – 2019 change) as well as international.
I searched for “US INCLUDED” for annual travel plans on your site https://steve.brokersnexus.com/ but got nothing. A few options popped up when I changed to “US EXCLUDED”
One that popped up for US EXCLUDED was TOKIO Marine / First Health PPO. Their PPO network seems to INCLUDE many US facilities / providers. What gives?
Does this policy (or any others) include or exclude US coverage?
What else am I giving up with an annual plan, compared to basic “per-trip” trip insurance?
Here’s the reply from Broker Services @ Insubuy:
Get the single trip insurance plan. Multi trip insurance will not provide coverage in US.
Get quotes & details here https://steve.brokersnexus.com/travel-insurance/
We have a Silver PPO from BS of CA. (the primary coverage). It has hefty out of network deductibles, co pays and max out of pocket limits. For illustration purposes, lets say the annual deductible for out of network is $25K and max out of pocket is $50K.
If we buy an annual travel plan with secondary medical coverage (they all seem to have secondary coverage), will the annual travel policy play pick up the hefty deductible ($25 k in this notional example) and $50K Max out of pocket, etc that Blue Shield of CA won’t pay if we end up hit by a bus in Italy and end up going to an out of network provider?
If not – what is the point of the annual travel plan with secondary medical coverage?
Sounds good, but Obamacare and CA law doesn’t allow USA citizens or residents to buy non conforming health coverage Essential Benefits and all
Do you offer any policy which covers trip cancellation for any reason with a full refund?
Yes. See link above