Autism – Essential Benefits & Health Insurance
General Miscellaneous information on Autism
- Autism Speaks.org
Guide for Adults
- Check out our pages on:
- What Does Autism Spectrum Disorder Look Like in Adults?
- Autism community in Action
- california healthline.org/delays-for-autism-diagnosis-and-treatment-grew-even-longer-during-the-pandemic/
- I have an adult son with Asperger syndrome.
- I am looking for information and assistance regarding his rights rights and resources he might be eligible for.
- He is turning twenty-six in November.
- Health Insurance:
- They have ABA therapy with thousands of dollars of copay a month—straight medi-cal will not cover ABA therapy, but the managed care plan would.
- Autism Guide for Adults who have or might think they have Autism
- Guide for School Age Children
- Our Webpages on SSDI * SSI * Medi-Cal *
- How learning disabilities affect reading 35 pages from Reading Horizons
- Hebrew Movie about an autistic young man whose father didn’t want him to move to a group home, despite what the Mother and Social Workers wanted… mk2films.com/film/here-we-are/
- autism speaks.org/what-autism
- Trump signs $1.8 billion autism funding bill
- President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law October 2019, which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
- ABC News VIDEO
- Our webpage on Medical Necessity
- Autism Parenting Magazine *** 9 pages on ABA Therapy
- href=”https://individuals.healthreformquotes.com/wp-admin/comment.php?action=editcomment&c=109798″ data-wpel-link=”internal”>Edit
- AB-1074 pervasive developmental disorder or autism
- This bill would revise those provisions, for purposes of health care service plans and health insurers, to require a qualified autism service professional or a qualified autism service paraprofessional to be supervised by a qualified autism service provider for purposes of providing behavioral health treatment.
- VIDEO KCAL 9 Los Angeles – CA Appeals Court Rules Public Insurance Must Cover Autism Treatment
- Links & Resources
- Our web pages on
- Mental Health – An Essential Benefit
- CA Mental Health Parity AB 88 (1999)
- Federal Parity
- Medi Cal and your own coverage – dual coverage
- friendship foundation.com Redondo Beach
- Facebook Page
- Disabled children can stay on parents insurance beyond age 26
- SSI Supplemental Security Benefits
- Appeal or File Grievance with Health Insurance
- What Insurance Companies have what Providers in their Network?
- Autism Speaks – Types of Health Plans
- CHIP Children’s Health Plan
- Provider – Doctor & Hospital Finder
- Hospital and Provider Sites showing Insurances Accepted
- Instructions – Which Plan to find providers?
- Our webpage on when services & treatment are considered Medically Necessary
- Clinical UM – Utilization Management Guidelines
- CG-BEH-02 Adaptive Behavioral Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and Rett Syndrome – Clinical Guideline UM
- Our web pages on
Get a term life quote here,
to protect your loved one
Applied Behavior Analysis Treatment
- Applied Behavior Analysis ABA Autism Speaks Website
- ABA has to do with understanding behavior and how it is affected by the environment. “behavior” refers to actions and skills. “Environment” includes any influence – physical or social – that might change or be changed by one’s behavior.
- VIDEO Introduction to (ABA) Applied Behavior Analysis treatment
- Aetna’s Applied Behavior Analysis Medical Necessity Assessment Guide
- LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL’S DIGEST
- Existing law …Knox-Keene Health Care Service Plan Act of 1975 (Knox-Keene Act), requires a health care service plan contract or a health insurance policy to provide coverage for behavioral health treatment for pervasive developmental disorder or autism, and defines “behavioral health treatment” to mean specified services provided by, among others, a qualified autism service professional supervised and employed by a qualified autism service provider. Under existing law, to the extent required by the federal government and effective no sooner than required by the federal government, behavioral health treatment, as defined under the Knox-Keene Act, is a covered service under the Medi-Cal program for individuals under 21 years of age, as specified.
- The bill would require a qualified autism service professional and a qualified autism service paraprofessional to be employed by a qualified autism service provider or an entity or group that employs qualified autism service providers.
- The bill additionally would authorize a qualified autism service professional, as specified, to supervise a qualified autism service paraprofessional.
- The bill would revise the definition of a qualified autism service professional to, among other things, specify that the behavioral health treatment provided by the qualified autism service professional may include clinical case management and case supervision under the direction and supervision of a qualified autism service provider.
- The bill would revise the definition of behavioral health treatment for purposes of the Medi-Cal program to be those services administered by the State Department of Health Care Services as described in the state plan approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. leginfo.ca.gov *
- Court Ruling in favor of autism – AB 1704
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- More explanation
- California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) is a long-term commitment to transform and strengthen Medi-Cal, offering Californians a more equitable, coordinated, and person-centered approach to maximizing their health and life trajectory.
- Medi Cal Contact Information
- Our Webpages on
- Medi Cal Benefits
- Denti Cal
- Medi-Cal – MAGI Income Eligibility Criteria
- Aged and Disabled Federal Poverty Level Program
- Contact Info – Complex Questions – Reference Materials Medi-Cal
- Dual Coverage? Medi Cal, Employer Group, Individual, Cal Medi Connect & Medicare
- Full Scope Medi-Cal – Benefits & Coverages
- Transitions from Medi-Cal to get Covered CA
BIC Benefits Identification Card
Term Life Quote #naaipquote
- Set up Schedule a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
- Life Screening Form Detailed NAAIP
- Please complete & return and we'll search and consult for you.
- Short ONE page form - CPS
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
Medi Cal Contact Information
- Benefits Cal is a one-stop-shop to apply for...
- Medi Cal Contact Sheet
- [email protected] regarding general Medi-Cal eligibility. If the question contains specific details the county or the district office that handles your case must answer.
- Medi-Cal Member & Provider helpline, at (800) 541-5555.
- California Department of Health Care Services 1-844-253-0883
- [email protected]
- Non MAGI Medi Cal 1.916.345.8675
- IHSS In Home Supportive Services
- Direct Phone # for Medi Cal 866.613.3777 (Anthem Blue Cross?)
- Ombudsman Webpage
- Phone: 1-888-452-8609
- Email: [email protected]
- The Office of Ombudsman cannot approve/terminate/reinstate Medi-Cal eligibility; alter aid codes, change/update addresses, change/update name or initiate inter-county transfers.
Complex Questions Assistance
- Health Consumer Alliance at 1-888-804-3536.
- Disability Rights California at 1-800-776-5746.
- Covered CA Facebook Page
- HICAP – Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program
- CA Health Care Advocates – 1-800-434-0222 Volunteer counselors can help you understand your specific rights and health care options
- Medi Cal Consulting Services
- National Center on Law & Elder Rights
- VITA Volunteers Income Tax Assistance
- Medi Cal - Technical Comprehensive Reference Materials
- Our webpage on education, research & tutoring for a fee
- aging.ca.gov/Medicare_& Medi Cal Counseling
- Elder Care locator
- medi helper.com
- Pdf Brochure - I was told their fee is $3k
Medi-Cal for All Children program
See our Main Webpage on Medi Cal contact information