Welcome website visitor
We will try to give you everything you want to know in Plain English. Medicare might be very confusing. IMHO, if one just takes some patience and reviews the information and brochures, both from us and from Official Medicare Pamphlets, it should get clear. If not, email us, * set a meeting, * ask us a question right on our website, you don’t have to even leave your name.
See our NEW Virtual Introduction to Medicare Seminar. Just bring your own coffee & danish.
We highly recommend that you at least glance through Medicare & You Publication # 10050 which gives an EXCELLENT Overview and most of the Information you will ever want to know.
If you are viewing this webpage on a full screen monitor, we show many of the Medicare Brochures to the right, if you are viewing on a smartphone, just scroll down.
Are you New to Medicare?
Learn about how to enroll in Part A Hospital and Part B Doctor Visits and then follow the link to Medicare’s site where you can enroll. We are happy to help you enroll and there is no extra charge in plans to supplement Medicare, like Medi Gap, Part D Rx and Medicare Advantage.
Medicare, Medicare Advantage nor Medi Gap pay for long term care either in a nursing home or at home care. Get more information on Long Term Care here. Even if you think you can’t afford any extra premiums,
Medicare Advantage Plans
aka Part C
These plans often include Dental & Part D – Rx Prescriptions and often have NO premiums! How is that possible? The Federal Government pays them around $700/month to handle your medical care. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium of about $140/month. It’s best to apply when you turn 65 for the supplement plans or advantage plans, as that’s the main “Open Enrollment” period, guaranteed issue for any plan.
Medicare Advantage Plans also have an annual open enrollment now known as AEP Annual Election Period October 7 to December 15th.
Additional Coverage is important as Medical Bills are increasing Seniors Credit Card Debt or leading to possible bankruptcy?
#Medicare10050 and You 2021
Everything you want to know - Read Along
- Enroll in Blue Cross
- Learn about UHC United Health Care
- Enroll in Blue Shield
- Don't like computers? Prefer a printed version be mailed to you? Audio MP 3
- Use our scheduler to Set a phone, Skype or Face to Face meeting
Care Compare Video
Care Compare on Medicare.gov is a streamlined redesign of the 8 Medicare.gov compare tools.
Medicare Video - Physician Compare
Our Webpage on What is it when your doctor Medicare agrees to Assignment?
Consumer Resources & Links
CBS News 10.2015 How will you get Health Insurance in Retirement?
Kaiser Foundation – Medicare Chart Book
Law Help.org Medicare
medicare.gov/cost/ deductibles, co pays, premium
Reforms to the Medicare payment system are meant to promote greater efficiency in the healthcare delivery system by restructuring Medicare reimbursements from fee-for-service to bundled payments. Under the new payment system, a single payment is paid to a hospital and a physician group for a defined episode of care (such as a hip replacement) rather than individual payments to individual service providers. In addition, it has been asserted that the Medicare Part D coverage gap (commonly called the “donut hole“) will shrink incrementally, closing completely by January 1, 2020. Wikipedia
The CBO averred that the bill would “substantially reduce the growth of Medicare’s payment rates for most services; impose an excise tax on insurance plans with relatively high premiums; and make various other changes to the federal tax code, Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs”—ultimately extending the solvency of the Medicare trust fund by 8 years.
Medicare Enrolling in Parts A & B # 11036
- Our web page with instructions and the actual Medicare Link to enroll
- Understanding the Medicare Premium Bill
- if you already have Part A, you can’t enroll for Part B online, you have to fill out a form OMB No. 0938-1230 !
Medicare and You 2021 #10050
Everything you want to know – Read Along
Child & Related Pages – Site Map
- Fraud, Scams, Waste & Abuse
- Health Care Reform & Medicare?
- Medi Gap – Supplement Plans – non conical
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield – Medi-Gap – Any Medicare Provider
- Guaranteed Acceptance – Medi-Gap – Supplemental Plans
- No more plan F? Only G? MACRA
- Medicare Advantage Plans – Part C
- Anthem MediBlue Plus
- Blue Shield 65 Plus – Inspire HMO 2021
- Enrollment Dates for MAPD – Medicare Advantage
- Marketing Rules
- Togetherness – Loneliness Social Determinants of Health
- United Health Care
- Part D Rx Prescriptions
- Blue Cross Rx
- Blue Shield Rx
- Donut Hole – Coverage Gap
- Maximus Appeals LEP Late Enrollment Penalty
- Premiums for those with High Income Parts D Rx & B Doctor Visits
- Shop & Compare Tools Part D Rx
- UHC – Part D Rx
- Seminar – Medicare Information ONLINE
- What’s Covered in Part A Hospital & B Doctor Visits?
- Chiropractic – Medicare A & B – MAPD
- Dental under Medicare is very limited
- Durable Medical Equipment
- End Stage Renal – Kidney Failure
- Enroll ONLINE for Medicare Part A Hospital & B Doctor Visits
- Part A Hospital rules for zero premium
- Part B – Doctors – How to sign up – Benefits
- Hearing Aids
- Part A & B Technical Code Sections
- Physical therapy – occupational speech
- Skilled Nursing SNF & Home Health What Medicare Pays
- Sleep Studies, CPAP etc