Blue Shield PDP Rx Prescriptions Part D
Blue Shield Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
Evidences of Coverage
- 2022 Blue Shield Rx Plus (PDP), English
- 2022 Blue Shield Rx Enhanced (PDP), English
- Pharmacy Directories
- 2022 Blue Shield Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDP), English and Spanish
Blue Shield of California Authorized Agent - Broker
- 2019 Blue Shield Medicare PDP Automatic Payment Form
- 2021 Blue Shield Medicare PDP Enrollment Form, English Spanish Korean Chinese Vietnamese
- 2021 Blue Shield Medicare PDP Change of Plan Form, English and Spanish
- 2021 Medicare Plan Ratings Information for PDP – English & Spanish
2020 Medicare Plan Ratings Information for PDP – English & Spanish (PDF, 136KB)
- 2021 Medicare PDP Easy$Pay form (PDF, 399KB)
- 2020 2021 Medicare PDP disenrollment form
- Information on Blue Shield’s website
- What are the different ways, options that one can pay their premium?
- Automatic Deduction from checking, savings, credit or debit card
- Monthly paper billing
- Withheld from your Social Security check
- Learn more from Medicare Guide to Rx Coverage page 17
- Blue Shield EOC Evidence of coverage page 15
- Check your application and see what option you selected.
Prescription Drug 2022 #RxGuide
PDF # 11109
Coverage Gap - Donut Hole $2,000 Cap
- Premiums for those with High Income Parts D Rx & B Doctor Visits
- Medicare Rules for High Income People Medicare Costs # 11579
- Our #High Income Surcharge Video Explanation
- Our webpage on High Income Surcharge IRMAA
- Kaiser Foundation Introduction - Overview
- Medicare Rx Benefit Manual Rev 1.2016 83 pages
- Network Pharmacies, Formularies & Common Coverage Rules # 11136
- Insulin Maximum Co Pay $35
- Graphic on Part D Premium Increases & Why?
- Maximus Appeals LEP Late Enrollment Penalty
- VIDEO How Part D Late Enrollment Penalty is calculated
- Shop & Compare Tools Part D Rx
- Get Instant Quotes, Information & Enroll online
- MANDATED wording!: ‘‘We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.’’ § 422.2267(e)(41).
- We disagree with the above wording, as we can use the same tools on Medicare.gov as they do!
I am looking at Part D plans available for my area.
The premiums vary widely. Express Scripts charges $22 a month for Part D
while Blue Shield would charge $82 a month (!). I don’t want to pay $ 82. That’s alot.
What is your opinion of Express Scripts ? They got 4 stars out of 5 in the ratings.
What about other companies ?
Thanks for your advice.
How to shop all Part D Rx plans from ALL companies
The compensation that agents get for Part D is virtually nothing. I don’t know how CMS or the Insurance Companies expect us to eat and be able to study all the complex crazy rules they have. I do grant that the federal government is paying hugh subsidies to support the program. Learn More ===> Wikipedia
I don’t have an opinion on Express Scripts… There are dozens of companies writing Part D. If you want my expertise on something I’m not properly compensated for, you need to purchase a plan that I represent, like Blue Cross, Shield or AARP. I have the contacts there, and some familarity with their programs and policy. Here’s 10 reasons why you should use Steve Shorr Insurance, rather than wait on hold for hours with CMS, Medicare, direct with the Insurance Company, etc.
I did recently get a bulletin from Blue Shield that they were buying Express Scripts? and that I would be able to sell that plan without having to do hours to qualify during the annual AHIP circus. I call it a circus as we only get power points and no reference material. I feel it’s an insult.
If you want “advice” I need to see the print out from Medicare.gov How can I give advice when I have no idea what Rx you might be taking?
SO MY RATE GOES UP 50%????
NOT THE COST [Co-Pays] OF DRUGS THE COST OF THE PREMIUM FROM $55 TO $82 IN ONE JUMP 50% INCREASE !!!!
WHY THE 50% INCREASE
50% INCREASE IN THE RATES?????
Check our page on Rx Drug increases
Insurance companies are mandated to pay a certain percent of the premiums in claims so Blue Shield must’ve had a heck of a large amount of claims otherwise they have to give you back the excess premium and rebates
Los Angeles Times on how coupons increase prices by 1,000% 12.14.2016
Page 145 of Blue Shield’s Individual 2016 Rate Filing shows 15% increase in hospital Rx costs
I’m taking URSODIOL 300mg. How much will it cost in and out of the donut hole. I have Blue Shield Enhanced PDP.
Use the Medicare Rx Finder and comparison tool
Use the Blue Shield Comparison Tool – probably the BEST as you have someone to argue with, if claims aren’t paid as projected. See our affiliate link to Blue Shield’s Medicare site above, no extra charge for our services.
If you would like hands on assistance, see our scheduling calendar below and using Skype or Zoom, we can screen share.