IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) PROGRAM
The IHSS Program will help pay for services provided to you so that you can remain safely in your own home.
To be eligible, you must be over 65 years of age, or disabled, or blind. Disabled children are also potentially eligible for IHSS.
IHSS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities.
The types of services which can be authorized through IHSS are
- meal preparation,
- grocery shopping,
- personal care services (such as bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming and paramedical services), ADL
- accompaniment to medical appointments, and
- protective supervision for the mentally impaired.
Links & Resources
Is the income to the caregiver taxable?
IHSS Timesheet Issues/Questions:
IHSS Service Desk for Providers & Recipients, (866) 376-7066
IHSS Fraud Hotline: 888-717-8302
Help Stop Medi-Cal Fraud and Abuse
Provider Fraud and Elder Abuse complaint line:
Our main web page on Long Term Care
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
Video on how much coverage for death protection you need
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage onMedi Cal Benefits
- Western Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Our Webpage on
ObamaCare - Expansion to 138% of FPL