Estate & Life Insurance Proceeds Taxes
Introduction to Estate & Gift Taxes
IRS Publication 950,
- Estate Tax
The estate tax is a tax on your right to transfer property at your death. It consists of an accounting of everything you own or have certain interests in at the date of death.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Estate Taxes
Find some of the more common questions dealing with basic estate tax issues.
- Gift Tax
If you give someone money or property during your life, you may be subject to federal gift tax.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes
Find some of the more common questions dealing with gift tax issues as well as some examples of how different types of gifts are treated.
- Filing Estate and Gift Tax Returns
Learn when to file estate and gift taxes, where to send your returns, and get contact information if you need help.
- What’s New – Estate and Gift Tax
Stay up to date with the tax law changes related to estate and gift taxes.
- Deceased Taxpayers – Probate, Filing Estate and Individual Returns, Paying Taxes Due
Information to help you resolve the final tax issues of a deceased taxpayer and their estate.
- IRS site on Estate & Gift Taxes
- FAQ’s from Free Advise.com
- Estate Tax Calculator calculator.net
- CA No Estate Tax mcguirewoods.com
- Smartphone? Try turning phone sideways to read pdf's
- IRS Website on Estate & Gift Taxes
- Introduction to Estate & Gift Taxes Publication 950
- IRS Form 706 Estate Tax Return
Life Insurance Proceeds do not count as MAGI Income
IRC Sec. 101(a)(1) (a) Proceeds of life insurance contracts payable by reason of death
Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2), subsection (d), subsection (f), and subsection (j), gross income does not include amounts received (whether in a single sum or otherwise) under a life insurance contract, if such amounts are paid by reason of the death of the insured.
Estate Planning - Life Insurance & Long Term Care Related Pages
- Estate Planning
- Life Insurance – Instant Quotes – Universal – Key Man Life
- Long Term Care Nursing & Home Health Care
No extra charge for complementary assistance
- Appoint us as your broker
- Get Instant Health Quotes, Subsidy Calculation & Enroll
- Videos on how great agents are