Learn more about Blue Shield SMART START and how to get the most out of your Health Plan
- Easily search and view benefit information
- Change methods of payment for paying premiums
- See claims by family member
- Track deductibles and co payment amounts
- Change PCPs and medical groups
- Renew your plan www.BlueShieldCA.com/Renew
- Print member ID cards – anytime, anywhere!Members can follow three easy steps to print a new ID card:
- Log in to BlueShield.com. 1
- Go to Member Overview and add New Member ID number (required).
- Click View . . . and Print ID.
The ID card will work at the doctor’s office as soon as your client’s membership becomes effective. The plastic ID card will arrive in seven to 10 business days.
- Check status of your Covered CA application with Blue Shield
- Email that Blue Shield will be sendingin early September 2016 about enrolling in your member portal.
We continue to improve our members’ digital experience
We’ve enhanced the blueshieldca.com account portal for our members so they can quickly and easily find relevant information specific to their plan. The updated portal has a bold new design with clear action buttons and links to popular tasks.
Along with a fresh look, members will notice clearer visuals of their plan’s annual bills, claims, remaining deductibles and copayment maximums as well as a new My Plan page that summarizes plan coverage, covered members, physicians and more. All of this information is available anywhere, anytime and on any device.
In addition, members now have access to their health information even faster with the Blue Shield mobile app’s newest improvement: fingerprint/touch ID. With the certified security of fingerprint authentication, account details are always available without the hassle of a username or password.
- We will send employers an alert via email on April 20, 2017.
- We will notify members of the portal updates via email this month and next, plus there will be a guided tour the first time they log into the new portal. Email dated 4.19.2017
New Member Brochure
|Using your Health Plan|
|Accessing Urgent Care|
|Accessing Prescription Drugs
Important Enrollment Updates As of April 1, 2014, in order to buy health coverage outside the open enrollment period, your clients must have a qualifying life event. This means your clients can enroll or change their health plan outside the open enrollment period. Most special enrollment periods last 60 days from the date of the qualifying life event. Learn more and download our Qualifying Events Worksheet.
Preventive Health Resources Preventive Care Flier
Learn about our preventive coverage.Preventive Care Guidelines
Guidelines to help members keep track of what’s needed and when. Continuity of Care Resources Continuity of care service for established members
By phone: 888-256-3650
By fax: 209-371-3049
By mail: P.O. Box 272540
Chico, CA 95927-2540
Customer Service (800) 393-6130
Pre-admission (800) 541-6652
Tech Support (800) 393-6130
Website Technical Support 877 932-3375
Blue Shield Website on what to do if you have long wait times to get stuff
|Treatment Cost Estimator||
Individual and family plan members on a PPO plan will be matched with a primary care physician (PCP) in 2017. Find out more about the value of a PCP, as well as how to check the one you’re matched with or make a change.
Learn how to register for 24/7 access to your health plan through either your online account or our mobile app.
We’ve made it easier than ever to select a provider and get the right care. Find out how to locate the doctor or facility that’s right for you when and where you need care.
Learn how to save money on your prescriptions and spend less time at the pharmacy
Whether it’s preventive care or discounts on alternative care, learn how to make the most of your plan with the health and wellness tools and programs that can help you stay healthy.
Other pages in Blue Shield Information & Enrollment Section
- ACA Request for Social Security #
- Broker – Consultant ONLY
- Easy Pay Problems & Changes
- Financial Strength – Mission – Blue Shield
- Grand Fathered Plan – Non Renewal
- ID Cards in Subscriber Name ONLY
- Provider Finder – Instructions * Exclusive PPO – Trio HMO
- Treatment Cost Estimator
- Wellness Tools