NO MORE PAPER BILLS, unless you opt out.
Website Tech Support 888.268.4361
Happy with your current broker?
Are you direct with Blue Cross?
We can help, no additional charge, just complete this form on your letterhead.
See also Easy Renew
The newest Anthem plans are well-positioned for the changing market. The plans in this section are ACA-compliant, and offer all the essential health benefits (EHB) such as coverage for emergency care, hospital stays, maternity and newborn care, prescription drugs, preventive care and much more.
The section is clearly divided by year to make it easier for you to search. Here’s where you’ll find a detailed selection of plan information, renewal tools, documents, forms and much more.
Your Time Matters
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
Optional PCP Selection can help improve employees’ health and lower costs
A strong relationship between your employees and a primary care physician (PCP) is important to promoting wellness, improving health and reducing costs. Optional PCP Selection lets your employees choose a PCP.
Optional PCP Selection helps members strengthen relationships with their doctors
We are moving from volume-based to value-based payment models, rewarding doctors when they improve patient health and affordability. That focus can be seen in our collaboration with doctors and in our payment innovation programs, like Enhanced Personal Health Care (EPHC), known nationally as Blue Distinction Total Care. Through the EPHC approach, members get the right level of care from the doctor that’s best for them, at the right time. It focuses on the quality of care doctors give, not the number of patients they see.
Why designate a PCP?
When members choose an EPHC doctor from their health plan as a PCP, they’re helping us help them. We can keep their doctors in the loop when they have an ER or hospital visit. We can reach out to that doctor about tests and services a member may need. We also can share other resources that will help doctors emphasize wellness with members. The goal is to have everyone work together so a member’s overall care makes the best sense. And when employees choose an EPHC doctor as their PCP, that doctor can more quickly take over the responsibility of coordinating the member’s care.
Encourage your employees to designate a PCP
Developing a relationship with a PCP is all about improving health care quality, outcomes and affordability. That’s why we’re encouraging members in open access plans to designate a PCP as part of the Optional PCP Selection on anthem.com/ca. They also can call customer service or have you, their employer, complete the selection through Employer Access.
To know more about Optional PCP Selection, read our Frequently Asked Questions. And if you have any more questions or want to know if Optional PCP Selection is right for your company, talk to your account representative. Optional PCP Selection is not available to members who reside in Virginia or who wish to select a PCP in Virginia and is not planned for use in attribution outside of our core service area for the foreseeable future.
- What to do when you receive a doctor bill VIDEO
- VIDEO When you're looking for health insurance in California, consider the quality of care provided by Anthem Blue Cross. The Anthem team knows the needs of growing families and offers an array of plans that offer affordable coverage for members of all ages.
- VIDEO What do do when you get a doctor's bill
- Live Health ONLINE - Tele Med with therapist VIDEO
- SYDNEY Overview VIDEO
- What is a provider network Video
- In & Out of Network - What's a network? HN Video
- Resources on our websites - mentioned in the pamphlet
- Get Quote - Proposal for Long Term Care
- Borden Hamman Long Term Planning Guide
- Our webpages on
Anthem’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides quick and easy access to confidential counseling and referral services to help you deal with daily work and life challenges. It’s employer-sponsored, so it’s available at no cost to you, your dependents or household members.
EAP addresses a variety of issues, including:
- Child care and parenting
- Helping aging parents
- Financial issues
- Legal concerns
- Work and career
- Emotional well-being
- Addiction and recovery
- Wellness and prevention
- Life events
- Coping with stress and change
- Relationship issues
- Resources to support work/life
- Dealing with traumatic events
Need support? Reach out to the EAP today!
- anthemeap.com (log in: My EAP CA)
- Call 800-999-7222
With your EAP you’ll have no-cost, confidential access to1:
Telephonic support. Available 24/7 at 800-999-7222. Talk to a counselor for in-the-moment support or a work/life specialist who can assist you in identifying resources to meet your individual needs.
- Counseling visits. Get a referral for in-office or LiveHealth Online video visits to manage stress, anxiety, and other issues. Call 800-999-7222 for a referral.
- Child and Eldercare resources. Conduct your own search for local resources for full, part-time and back-up care at anthemeap.com (log in: My EAP CA.)
- Financial consultations. Meet telephonically with a certified financial professional who can discuss your short and longer term financial concerns.
- Legal consultations. Speak to an attorney for a no cost consultation to discuss your legal questions.2
- Website. At anthemeap.com (log in: My EAP CA) you’ll find tips, tools and resources for COVID-19, a critical event center, and more.
1 In accordance with federal, state law, and professional ethical standards.
2 Excludes benefit and employment matters. A per issue per 12 month period benefit.
When you use your health care services, there are some important things to know that could save you time and money, and keep you feeling your best. Here, on Blue Cross’s website you’ll learn about the best place to get care when you have a basic, urgent or emergency medical need. You’ll learn the best ways to prepare for your doctor’s appointment, and you can even get a personalized set of preventive care milestones with our Preventive Health Calendar. Click here to get started
Anthem Whole Health Connection
Anthem – Time Well Spent Website Time Well Spent® is a toolkit focused on building a healthier, more productive workforce.
Live Health ONLINE Video
Enter your census or securely send us an excel spreadsheet or a list of employees and get instant proposals for California
Blue Cross #Underwriting Rules 2020
- Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
How much life insurance you really need?
- Life Screening Form
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
Anthem Launches IngenioRx, New Pharmacy Benefits Manager PBM
Anthem is establishing a new pharmacy benefits manager to be named IngenioRx. IngenioRx will begin offering a full suite of PBM solutions starting in 2020, which coincides with the conclusion of the company’s current PBM contract. FAQ’s
Drug Lists: The prescription drugs your plan covers
Rx Choice Tiered Network
See our main page on Rx – Prescriptions
Website Video #Introduction
- 17 Reasons to use Steve Shorr Insurance
- Set a Meeting
Our Webpage on Insurance Coverage for
(Clinical Guidelines Explained so much better and in logical order!)
- Medicare's VIDEO Nursing Home / Long-Term Care
- Our Webpage on Long Term Care