LA Care seems to be only Medi Cal, but it’s expanded to Covered CA, where we can be your agent and help you at no additional charge!
L.A. Care is expanding the number of doctors, hospitals and medical groups within its provider network.
Since 2013, LA Care has more than doubled the number hospitals and expanded its contracts with medical groups, which includes Health Care Partners/Optum. L.A. Care has also exponentially increased the number of primary care physicians and specialists in its network.
While their is no premium cost for Medi-Cal, those of us working and earning a living pay for Medi Cal with our taxes. Kff.org *
Please note that as Certified Agents for Covered CA we do NOT get compensated for Medi-Cal business. These pages are provided as public service(Leviticus 19:9) – Pro Bono and incidental to our business in the private marketplace. Thus, we do not provide telephone support for Medi-Cal, but will research and give you the correct, authoritative answer with a citation at the bottom of each and every page or just click on the FAQ button.
LA Care Covered CA
- Plans at a glance 2022
- Reference Plan Guide 2021 – 2022
includes some of the highest-quality, top-ranked institutions in the area, including:
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Alhambra Hospital Medical Center
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center
- Huntington Hospital
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center
- and more lacare.org/find-doctor-or-hospital
- la care.org/annual-reports
- On the other hand
- $55 Million in fines for delays in treating poor patients LA TIMES 3.4.2022
- The state cited L.A. Care for more than 100,000 violations, including late responses to patient complaints and appeals, delayed or denied authorizations for necessary medical care, and failure to ensure the county health services agency complied with patient care regulations. CA Health Line *
Healthy Living Rewards
L.A. Care will reward L.A. Care Covered members for taking the right steps to improve their health! By participating in L.A. Care’s My Health In Motion Program and successfully completing their health appraisal survey, health coaching plan, tobacco cessations workshop (if a smoker), and healthy weight workshop, L.A. Care Covered members can earn up to 215 points (1 point = $1 in gift cards). These points can be redeemed for gift cards to more than 100 retail outlets.
Welcome to L.A. Care
Auto Pay allows your premium payments to be automatically paid on the same day every month through your checking or savings account. Sign up at any time through the member portal. Just enter your bank name, bank account number and routing number. Auto Pay must be set up no later than the15th of the month in order for payment to be withdrawn on the 26th.
Use your member portal, www.members.lacare.org. to view and pay premiums at any time with a credit or debit card, or an electronic check. Premiums are due on the 26th of every month, for the next month.
If you have any technical issues, like not being able to find the payment option call Member Services at (855) 270 – 2327. They have an experienced team to help you. See below Q & A if you want us to give you individual attention, at no additional charge.
Pay by Phone
Members can pay for your premiums over the phone by calling toll free 1.855.270.2327 (TTY 711). L.A. Care representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pay by Mail
If members would like to pay monthly premiums by mail, they can send a check, money order, or cashier’s check to:
L.A. Care Health Plan
L.A. Care Covered
P.O. Box 2168
Omaha, NE 68103
Visit L.A. Care Headquarters Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm to submit a payment via cashier’s check, money order, or personal check (cash/credit not accepted). They are located on the
1st floor at:
1055 W 7th Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90017
- I can’t find payment option when I login into my account! How do I find it?
- See above, we’ve highlighted the member services phone #. Also, see the Q & A below about giving his your log in, information and appointing us as your broker, so that we can give you specific individualized help.
- When I log in to my account there is no option for online payment. where do I find this option? What am I doing wrong ?
- We’ve updated the page above to better answer your question. If you would like us to trouble shoot the problem, please email us privately [email protected] your login in formation. We also need you to appoint us as your Covered CA agent, instructions, so that we have authorization and also get compensated for our time.
No extra charge for complementary assistance
- Appoint us as your broker
- 17 Reasons to appoint us as your agent - broker
- VIDEO on ARPA Stimulus and more Covered CA Subsidies
- Set Consultation Meeting via Phone, Skype or Zoom
- Get Instant Health Quotes, Subsidy Calculation & Enroll
- Videos on how great agents are
- I'm in Sonia VIDEO
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- Our Webpage on Medi Cal Benefits
- Denti Cal
- Medi-Cal – MAGI Income Eligibility Criteria
- Aged and Disabled Federal Poverty Level Program
- Contact Info – Complex Questions – Reference Materials Medi-Cal
- Dual Coverage? Medi Cal, Employer Group, Individual, Cal Medi Connect & Medicare
- Full Scope Medi-Cal – Benefits & Coverages
- Transitions from Medi-Cal to get Covered CA
BIC Benefits Identification Card