As I see it, the main advantages to CCSB:
- Small Biz Health Care Tax Credit, if your average wage is low enough. However, either way you still get the Section §106 Health Insurance Premium Deduction and your employees can get the POP §125 deduction for their contribution.
- Employee ONLY plans, (scroll down) so the wife and kids can get Covered CA subsidies – complementary calculation
SHOP – CCSB plans are ONLY available thru licensed, trained & certified agents. Covered CA Announcement.
SHOP Advantages on HealthCare.gov
- Employees who have dependents seeking subsidy assistance through the individual exchange cannot qualify.
- Spouse/parents enrolled in an employer group ACA qualified plan in most cases disqualifies the subsidy eligibility – Family Glitch – 9.66% Rule
- Most employers do not contribute to the dependent portion of the premium, but because the offer the coverage the dependents technically have “Access” to a ACA qualified plan.
- Dependent coverage is perceived as “unaffordable” to the employee; result = low to no dependent participation
- Why have an employer offer a benefit that is not utilized and unintentionally penalizes??
- Implement an “employee only” plan; dependents do NOT have “Access” thereby receiving subsidies. 9.17.2015 Covered CA Email
- Covered California for small business filed their contract to support this feature.
- If the dependents of your employees qualify for Covered CA subsidies – FREE Quote and Subsidy Calculation and the employer is not contributing, then we need to get you into a SHOP program and write it up as employee only, by NOT selecting dependents on page 3, step 2 question 11 of the SHOP employer application.
- Learn More *
SHOP Covered CA for Small Business Program
Get a Free Quote
Health Coverage #Guide .org
- What Is Group Coverage?
- Is Insurance Required?
- Is Your Business Eligible for Group Coverage?
- Who Is Eligible for Coverage?
- What Do Employers Have to Pay?
- resilience compass.org Find business resources that you need
Health Care Reform Explained
Kaiser Foundation Cartoon VIDEO
No extra charge for complementary assistance
- Appoint us as your broker
- VIDEO on ARPA Stimulus and more Covered CA Subsidies
- Set Consultation Meeting via Phone, Skype or Zoom
- Get Instant Health Quotes, Subsidy Calculation & Enroll
Videos on how great agents are