Eligible Employee Definition Health Insurance
California Law under ACA/Health Care Reform says:
“Eligible employee” means
either of the following: §10753 Non Grandfathered Plans (f)
(1) Any permanent employee who is actively engaged
"Actively at Work" or "Not Disabled" CA DOI Bulletin 94-9A
Blue Shield Q & A on Corona Virus issues
See our webpage on AB 5 on 1099 employees
on a full-time basis in the conduct of the business of the small employer with a normal workweek of an average of 30 hours per week over the course of a month, in the small employer’s regular place of business, who has met any statutorily authorized applicable waiting period requirements.
The term includes sole proprietors or partners of a partnership,
[But it doesn't allow them to be a 1 employee - employer group. They need an individual plan.
See last line of Employer definition 10753 q 1 - only to extent required by PPACA ]
if they are actively engaged on a full-time basis in the small employer’s business, and they are included as employees under a health benefit plan of a small employer, but does not include employees who work on a part-time, temporary, or substitute basis.
It includes any eligible employee, as defined in this paragraph, who obtains coverage through a guaranteed association. Employees of employers purchasing through a guaranteed association shall be deemed to be eligible employees if they would otherwise meet the definition except for the number of persons employed by the employer.
A permanent employee who works at least
20 hours but not more than 29 hours
is deemed to be an eligible employee if all four of the following apply:
(A) The employee otherwise meets the definition of an eligible employee except for the number of hours worked.
(B) The employer offers the employee health coverage under a health benefit plan.
(C) All similarly situated individuals are offered coverage under the health benefit plan.
(D) The employee must have worked at least 20 hours per normal workweek for at least 50 percent of the weeks in the previous calendar quarter.
The insurer may request any necessary information to document the hours and time period in question, including, but not limited to, payroll records and employee wage and tax filings.
(2) Any member of a guaranteed association as defined in subdivision (s).
See our other pages on Employer – Employee Definition
Real Estate Agents and direct sellers
Section §3598 26 US Code –
(a)General rule For purposes of this title, in the case of services performed as a qualified real estate agent or as a direct seller—
Health Coverage #Guide .org
- What Is Group Coverage?
- Is Insurance Required?
- Is Your Business Eligible for Group Coverage?
- Who Is Eligible for Coverage?
- What Do Employers Have to Pay?
- Avalara Tax Compliance Guide for Business 2022 151 pages
- resilience compass.org Find business resources that you need
- Health Care Reform Explained Kaiser Foundation Cartoon VIDEO
- Choosing a Health Plan for Your Small Business VIDEO DOL.gov
EDD California Employers Guide #DE44
- Forms & Publications EDD
- FORMS REQUIRED TO GIVE NEW EMPLOYEES
- More workplace protections in 2022 New laws will shield employee health, safety and wages, but some ‘job killer’ bills were axed Los Angeles Times
- Social Security Forms
#Insubuy Travel Health Insurance
Instant Quotes, Details and ONLINE Enrollment
Our webpage on Travel Insurance
Related Pages in Participation & Contribution Requirements Section
- Participation & Premium Contribution Requirements
- Documents to show bonafide Employer in business
- Enforcement -no index
- Management Carve Outs – §2716 – Similarly Situated