What proofs do I need to show I’m really a bonafide Business?
All Insurance Companies are MANDATED by AB 1083 Health Care Reform to write any Bona Fide EmployER with 2 or more eligible employees, and part timers. Thus, they require absolute proof (see chart below) that the business is really there and running, though in this economy a profit is not required.
Try turning your phone sideways to see the graphs & pdf's?
California Common Ownership Forms
California Corporate Income Tax Return Form # 100 See questions on Page 3...
Instructions 52 page pdf 100bk Rev 2014 Page 11
Guidelines for Corps filing a combined report FTB.CA.Gov # 1061
K 1 Partnership Tax Return
I attest that while I am not listed on the DE-6 wage report of this company, ALL of the following conditions are true:
1. I am a sole proprietor, partner, corporate officer or LLC manager/member of the company name indicated below; and
2. I am actively at work at this company working a minimum of 20 hours per week on a permanent and full-time basis; and
3. I draw wages, dividends or other distributions from this company on a regular basis; and
4. I do not derive substantial earned income from any other employer and am not eligible for other employer-sponsored coverage; and
5. I have satisfied the designated waiting period before health insurance coverage is to become effective
There must be at least ONE non spousal employee working 30 hours. See Insurance Code 10700 f for more detail
See Insurance Code 10700 f for more detail
Who should file a fictitious business name?
- Persons doing business for profit under a fictitious name (does not include surname in company name).
- if John Doe formed a bakery called Doe’s Donuts, he may not need to file a DBA. But if his business was going to be called John’s Donuts, he would. The last name is the key. If he or she does not intend to use his or her last name, a DBA should be filed. Upcounsel.com *
- This filing is required by law in order to connect the name of a business to the business owner. This protects consumers because it allows them to get information about the owner of a company if they have consumer problems or need to file a lawsuit. Free Advice.com *
- Statement must be filed in county of principal place of business and may also be filed in other counties as long as the requirements for filing in the county of principal place of business have been met.
- Non-profit corporations, organizations or associations are not required to file a Fictitious Business Name Statement LA Vote Who should file * LA Vote General Info *
Fictitious Business Names
Statement of Information – Domestic Stock Corporation.
- Secretary of State Business Search
There are service companies that can help you expedite getting copies or filing these forms.
Try GKL at 800 446-5455
or search for the list on the Secretary of State’s website.
EDD California Employers Guide #DE44
- Forms & Publications EDD
- FORMS REQUIRED TO GIVE NEW EMPLOYEES
- More workplace protections in 2022 New laws will shield employee health, safety and wages, but some ‘job killer’ bills were axed Los Angeles Times
- Social Security Forms