Group Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
Insurance from Colonial
More and more studies show that health care costs continue to rise in this country. Many employers are reacting by revising their insurance and benefit offerings to reflect this trend and compensate for increased costs. What do these changes mean for you?
- 56 percent of employers report that employee contributions will increase with the trend or greater than the trend rate – meaning some employees will take on a greater proportion of health care costs than they currently pay.
- Nearly three-quarters of employers consider benefit reductions or an increase in co-payments “likely” or “somewhat likely” in the coming twelve months.
Health Care Costs 2002 – A Watson Wyatt Worldwide Survey, 2001
How will these possible benefit reductions and increased benefit costs affect your insurance coverage? What about next year? What changes will it bring? We can’t predict the future; we can help you prepare for what happens next.
Traditional medical insurance doesn’t cover every expense related to an illness, injury or death. The bills and expenses continue to add up, especially if you have to stop working and lose your income. How will you pay the deductibles or co-payments, and other increasing medical costs not covered by your employer-sponsored insurance plan?
Supplemental insurance can help you prepare for these and other out-of-pocket expenses. Most of all, these plans help take the worry away about how you will pay your out-of-pocket medical and other everyday life bills. Without this worry, you can focus on getting better.
Colonial’s supplemental insurance products help protect you in the following ways:
- Colonial’s Disability Insurance can help protect your most valuable asset – your income. This insurance provides benefits to help offset the financial losses that may result when you are disabled due to a covered injury or illness.
- Supplemental Life Insurance from Colonial is a valuable complement to employer-provided life insurance.
- A serious accident, illness or hospital stay can result in significant out-of-pocket expenses that aren’t covered by traditional medical insurance. Colonial’s Accident , Cancer and Critical Illness and Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance can help protect against such expenses.
Colonial supplemental insurance is offered at the worksite (through your employer) and features convenient payroll deduction for premium payments. Plus, many plans can be purchased through a flexible benefits plan allowing you to pay for valuable Colonial coverage with pretax dollars.
Colonial coverage is flexible so that you can tailor your supplemental coverage to help meet your individual needs. With the help of Colonial’s experienced sales representatives, you can choose the coverage that is most appropriate for the needs of you and your family. Colonial offers the supplemental insurance plans listed below.
Supplemental coverage from Colonial can help see you through – for what happens next.