Try turning your phone sideways to see the graphs & pdf's?
1 What is my Household Size–
Try this Flow Chart for a simpler explanation
How many dependents are on your Tax Return? Section 151
Household Income includes all dependents on your return
4 MAGI based Medi-Cal One can get FREE Medi-Cal base on MAGI Income Line 37 of your 1040 – If your income falls below 138% of the CA Poverty Line on the chart above. There is no longer an asset test, nor estate recovery.
5 MAGI Medi-Cal for Pregnant Women
6 Medi-Cal Access Program If you’re pregnant – up to 322% of FPL – Formerly AIM
7 C-CHIP County Children’s Health Initiative Program in three northern CA counties
8 Kids under 19 go in Medi-Cal if MAGI Income is below 266% of Federal Poverty Level. While you can purchase coverage direct from an Insurance Company at Open or Special Enrollment, there is no PTC subsidy or premium tax credit.
Learn More ==> Western Poverty Page 72
9 Enhanced Silver – Cost Sharing 94, 87 & 73 – in addition to subsidies, you get lower deductibles & Co Pays. 94 is better than platinum which is 90 and 87 is better than gold which is 80 – metal level.
Silver 70 has a $2,500 Deductible and Standard Metal Levels, Bronze $5k deductible, Gold and Platinum $0 Deductible
FPL gets adjusted annually, IMHO the best way to calculate is to Click here to calculate your premium assistance and get proposals
Federal Poverty Level (FPL): “An income level based on the official poverty line as defined by the federal Office of Management and Budget and revised annually or at any shorter interval that the Secretary of Health and Human Services deems feasible
and desirable.” 22 CCR § 50041.5; see also 10 CCR § 6410
11 Use our free calculator to see how much subsidy and enhanced silver benefit you might qualify for. Less than 138% of FPL generally qualifies one for Medi-Cal.
Silver 94 – Under 138% Only if you can’t get Medi-Cal
12 Silver 94 – Under 138% Only if you can’t get Medi-Cal
13 Click here to calculate your premium assistance and get proposals
We are paid by Covered CA and the Insurance Companies to help you, when you appoint us as your agent NO CHARGE!
Click here for older Comments & FAQ’s
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)
- Am I eligible to claim the Premium Tax Credit?
- IRS FAQ on Premium Tax Credit
- Learn More About Your Health Insurance Tax Documents | Covered California VIDEO
- turbo tax.com - FREE for simple returns
- H & R Block
- E file.com
- Estimate the Subsidy for Health Insurance, benefits, premiums, etc.
- 8962 ONLINE Calculator
- Tax Form Calculator.com
- e tax.com
- Marriage Higher or Lower Taxes?
No extra charge for complementary assistance
- Appoint us as your broker
- VIDEO on ARPA Stimulus and more Covered CA Subsidies
- Set Consultation Meeting via Phone, Skype or Zoom
- Get Instant Health Quotes, Subsidy Calculation & Enroll
Videos on how great agents are
BIC Benefits Identification Card
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- Historical Guide 2006 CHCF 174 pages
- Cal AIM California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal — is a far-reaching, multiyear plan to transform California’s Medi-Cal program and to make it integrate more seamlessly with other social services. The goal of CalAIM is to improve outcomes for the millions of Californians covered by Medi-Cal, especially those with the most complex needs.
- Medi Cal Contact Information
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage on Medi & Denti Cal Benefits
- Western #Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's