Most people have worked hard all their life accumulating their “nest-egg”. They should not put their money in risky investments, especially our senior citizens. Most seniors are more concerned about the “return OF their money than the return ON their money”. Annuities are considered to be safe investments for the following reasons:
- No market risk
- Backed by the financial strength of large life insurance companies who are required to set aside a portion of their assets (reserves) to cover claims.
- They also spread their risk through the industry’s reinsurance network, i.e. several companies share in a particular risk.
- Tax Deferral – Taxes are paid only when money is received. IRC Section 72 This results in a much faster cash build-up. Your principal grows because you receive:
- 1) interest on the principal;
- 2) interest on the interest;
- 3) interest on the money that normally would have been paid in taxes.
Competitive Interest Rates – At present, and historically, annuities outperform CD’s and money market accounts.
Accessibility– One of the biggest concerns, especially with seniors, is “Do I Have Access to My Money, Should I Need It?” There are a number of choices:
- Withdraw interest as needed, monthly, quarterly, etc.
- Exercise free withdrawal privilege
- Total surrender
- Annuitize (choose one of a number of income options)
Avoids Probate – By naming a beneficiary, your annuity account is paid directly to a named individual, making it accessible and eliminating probate costs.
Interest Rate Guarantees – Almost all annuity contracts have minimum rate guarantees…the rate can never go below a specified amount.
Current Income Reduction – CD’s, money market accounts, savings accounts, etc. require current taxation of interest earned even if it is not taken. Annuities are taxed only upon receipt of interest.
Lifetime Income Option – Annuities are the only investment vehicles available that guarantee you cannot outlive your monthly payments
Avoid Risk and invest in a tax deferred annuity!
Your PRINCIPLE & INTEREST is FULLY GUARANTEED at all times!!
2 page summary that comes with the policy
Glossary – Annuity Advisors
4 hour CE Agent Course – Sandi Kruise
Power of Tax Deferral -
from North American Brochure
Understanding the Benefits # 10024
- Set up an ONLINE Social Security Account - You also need it to get enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B
- Self Employed & Social Security # 10022
- Money Geek - Introduction
Steve's Social Security Video's explaining how to use and benefit from these pages
- Optimum Age to start taking social security retirement
- Survivor Death Benefits Social Security SSI SSDI
- Social Security Retirement Benefits Maximize age 62 or 70?
- How are Social Security retirement benefits taxed
- reduced Social Security retirement Benefits if you are working
- Story of Medicare - Timeline
- What you should know about your Retirement Plan
- History of Social Security
- History of Medicare on cms.gov
- VIDEO on Medicare History
- govbooktalk.gpo.gov happy-birthday-medicare/
Other pages in this section