One reason for the
Narrow Network – 3 month Grace Period
is that DOCTORS, Hospitals & other providers do NOT get reimbursed if a policy gets cancelled, because the insured did not pay their portion of the subsidized premium in the 2 or 3 month of the grace period. 45 CFR 155.430 (b) (2) (ii) (A) & (B) and 156.270 (d) – Federal Regulation 41866
See our page on Balance Billing for information at AB 72 to help resolve the issue of going to a hospital or doctors office that is on the list, but still getting out of network bills.
(d) Grace period for recipients of advance payments of the premium tax credit. A QHP issuer must provide a grace period of three consecutive months if an enrollee receiving advance payments of the premium tax credit has previously paid at least one full month’s premium during the benefit year. During the grace period, the QHP issuer must:
(1) Pay all appropriate claims for services rendered to the enrollee during the first month of the grace period and may pend claims for services rendered to the enrollee in the second and third months of the grace period;
(2) Notify HHS of such non-payment; and,
(3) Notify providers of the possibility for denied claims when an enrollee is in the second and third months of the grace period.
(e) Advance payments of the premium tax credit. For the 3-month grace period described in paragraph (d) of this section, a QHP issuer must:
(1) Continue to collect advance payments of the premium tax credit on behalf of the enrollee from the Department of the Treasury.
(2) Return advance payments of the premium tax credit paid on the behalf of such enrollee for the second and third months of the grace period if the enrollee exhausts the grace period as described in paragraph (g) of this section. 156.270
Covered CA Certified Agent
No extra charge for complementary assistance
Appoint us as your broker
Set Consultation Meeting via Phone, Skype or Face to Face
Instant Health Quotes & Enroll
including subsidy calculation
Video on how great agents are
Enrolling in health plans through Covered California has helped people focus on their families and careers, and feel protected against unexpected medical issues.