Medi Cal Dental Benefits
Medi-Cal offers comprehensive preventative and restorative dental benefits to both children and adults.
You can find a Medi-Cal dentist on the Denti-Cal Provider Referral List, or by calling 1-800-322-6384.
See also smile california.org
- Laboratory processed crowns,
- posterior root canal therapy,
- periodontal services,
- and partial dentures, including denture adjustments, repairs, and relines.
- Pregnancy-related services
- Emergency services
- Services provided to residents of an Intermediate Care Facility/Skilled Nursing Facility
- Services provided to consumers of the Department of Developmental Services
- Implants?? Senate Bill 97 – 2017
Links & Resources
We've developed the Medi-Cal portion of our website, as many of our Covered CA clients unfortunately end up here, if their income drops below 133% of FPL, Federal Poverty Level, see the income chart.
We do not get a nickel, for this site or for helping people enroll in Medi-Cal, nor answering complex questions. When you have other questions or need coverage, take a look at our other websites:
The following vision services are covered for Medi-Cal Members:
Medically Necessary eye examinations for Diagnosis, treatment or prevention of eye disease or detection of ophthalmologic complications of medical disease.
Routine eye examination (refraction) every two years. Members may self-refer to obtain routine vision services from a participating optical Provider. Members may contact Member Services at 1-800-675-6110 to obtain a directory of participating optometrists and ophthalmologists.
Eye examination every year by an ophthalmologist or optometrist for Members with diabetes or other Chronic medical problems affecting the eye
Medical eye exams by an ophthalmologist or optometrist for Acute or Urgent Care
Contact lenses when Medically Necessary are covered for Eligible Medi-Cal Members 20 and under or Members residing in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs). Adults 21 and over are covered for bandage contacts only when Medically Necessary; other ophthalmological materials are not covered.
Optical lenses and frames (every two years) for Members under age 21, pregnant women if your doctor says not having them will be harmful to your baby or pregnancy, and people living in a nursing home. Optical lenses are made by the California Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA) optical laboratories unless you are being seen by an Authorized Mobile Vision Service provider (LA County only); however, our plan or the delegated participating Medical Group, as applicable, will arrange for this service. Optical lenses and frames for Members age 21 and over are not a covered benefit Health Net Evidence of Coverage Page 30
Links & Resources
- Justice in Aging - Webinar Oral Health Coverage for Low Income Seniors
- 4 page summary of Denti Cal benefits from Justice in Aging
- National Institute for Dental Research - Caregiver information
- Health.Gov tips for older adults
- Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
How much life insurance you really need?
- Life Screening Form
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
- One of our colleagues on how Dental for Everyone Works.
- Sample Quote
- Blue Cross Dental & Vision
- Dental with the new Extra & Innovative Medi Gap Plans Plan F Extra – Dental
- Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Dental & Vision