Please start your research into Special Enrollment Periods by reviewing our main page of California Code of Regulations on Qualifying Events
This year’s Open Enrollment is 10.15.2014 – 2.15.2015 with coverage being the 1st of the following month, as long as one applies by the 15th.
In 2014 the sales of short term plans increased 100% CA Health Line 6.4.2015
The Feds, are considering whether to launch another enrollment period that aligns with the April 15 federal tax filing deadline. An enrollment period lining up with the federal tax filing deadline would allow individuals who become aware of penalties under the ACA’s individual mandate to purchase coverage for 2015 and avoid the penalties next year. Learn More
There is talk about having the 2016 Open Enrollment Period from 10.1.2015 to 12.14.2015 for a 1.1.2016 Effective Date. Click here to read more from Modern Health Care 1.25.2015
- Application Questions for Special Enrollment
- Change in Income – Only if already enrolled in Covered CA
- Covered CA Job Aid
- Effective Dates – Deadlines
- Error – Material Violation by Insurance Company – Covered CA, etc.
- Loss of Current Coverage MEC
- MD not in Network?
- Move – New County, State or Back in USA
- Newly Married
- zHistorical – Open Enrollment Information
- zSpecial Enrollment pre-4.2017 * CMS 9929 F * Historical