Small Group Health Care Reform
California passed AB 1083 (California AB 1083 Small Group Health Plans pdf HTML ) so that California law complies with Health Care Reform. AB 1083 replaces Insurance Code §10753 and so forth, the rules for Non Grandfathered Plans which we had previously under AB 1672…Insurance Code 10700-10752.8 Here’s a summy from * CHFC 6 page pdf summary *
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL’S DIGEST
18) Permits a self-employed individual with specified income to, at his or her discretion, enroll in the Exchange as an individual rather than a small employer. Husband & Wife groups are no longer allowed… Must have a bonafide employee.
- Self Employed & S Corp Health Insurance Deduction on 1040 Line 29
Resources & Links
Health Coverage #Guide .org
- What Is Group Coverage?
- Is Insurance Required?
- Is Your Business Eligible for Group Coverage?
- Who Is Eligible for Coverage?
- What Do Employers Have to Pay?
Health Care Reform Explained
Kaiser Foundation Cartoon VIDEO
Enter your census or securely send us an excel spreadsheet or a list of employees and get instant proposals for California
- 90 Day Maximum Waiting Period?
- Definitions Health Care Reform
- Insurance Company requirements AB 1083
- Participation & Contribution Requirements
- Documents to show bonafide Employer in business
- Enforcement – Participation – Recertification – Actively @ Work
- Management Carve Outs
- Special Annual Open Enrollment – NO Rules!