What do I write on expenses/tax deductions part of
the MC-216 Medi-Cal Redetermination form?
I would venture that your income and expenses are the same rules as filing your tax return, even if you are under the filing threshold. Plus, the MC 216 form under expenses, even says tax deductions.
We may need some information about people in your household who live with you or are listed on your tax return, who do not have Medi-Cal and who do not want to apply for Medi-Cal.Sample MC 216
Please note that, Medi-Cal wants to cover everyone and may go beyond the law to gather information to do that. There are also many other programs that Medi-Cal has that you might qualify for and no one would know unless they asked. Such as:
Scroll down to view Household Size Flow Chart
Our webpage on Medi Cal Redetermination
- Medi Cal Explained CHCF
- 10 Essential Health Benefits
- Our Webpage onMedi Cal Benefits
- Western Poverty Law - Exact Legal Rules on Coverage for Low Income Californian's
Our Webpage on
We've developed the Medi-Cal portion of our website, as many of our Covered CA clients unfortunately end up here, if their income drops below 133% of FPL, Federal Poverty Level, see the income chart.
We do not get a nickel, for this site or for helping people enroll in Medi-Cal, nor answering complex questions. When you have other questions or need coverage, take a look at our other websites:
#Report changes as they happen - within 30 days!
10 days for Medi Cal
- Our VIDEO on how to report changes to Covered CA
- Lost your job? How to keep your Health Insurance. Shelter at Home VIDEO
- References & Links
- Visit our webpage on how to report changes
- Set up a phone, skype or face to face consultation
- Tools - Calculator to help you figure out how much you should get
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
How much life insurance you really need?
- Life Screening Form
- Set up a phone, Zoom, skype or face to face consultation
Covered CA Certified Agent
No extra charge if you qualify for Covered CA Subsidies.
We don’t get compensated to help you with Medi Cal. Here’s Medi-Cal’s contact information.
Get a Covered CA Quote, including subsidy calculation