This page is Historical
2018 Blue Shield
Historical Summary of Benefits
|Trio HMO Plans||Historical|
|PPO Plans||Benefit Summaries||More Information|
|Blue Shield Platinum 90 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)||Important Legal Information booklet * Spanish|
|Blue Shield Gold 80 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)||FAQs on new format|
|Blue Shield Silver 70 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)||Evidence of Coverage/Policy (EOC) and blueshieldca.com/policies|
|Blue Shield Silver 1850 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)||Mirrored Plans?|
|Blue Shield Silver Seven 3750 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Bronze 5550 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Bronze 60 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Bronze 60 HDHP (formerly Bronze 60 HSA)||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Minimum Coverage PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Enhance Silver – Cost Sharing Reduction Plans|
|Blue Shield offers three PPO Silver cost-sharing reduction plans through Covered California for clients whose income is between 138% to 250% of the federal poverty level (FPL). * Income Chart * These plans are available only through Covered California. We are certified agents and can help you at no extra charge.
|Blue Shield Silver 73 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Silver 87 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Blue Shield Silver 94 PPO||English (PDF, 498KB) Spanish (PDF, 498KB)|
|Click here to view sample email. In 2018, out-of-network deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums are significantly increasing for subscribers who continue to visit a doctor or specialist not participating in their plan’s network.
Comparative Quotes for ALL companies & Plans
Renewing or changing your medical plan purchased directly from Blue Shield or through Covered California.
- When will I receive information about my 2018 plan?
- How can I view my 2018 plan documents?
- What plan options will Blue Shield be offering for 2018?
- What are Trio HMO plans?
- Will I receive a new ID card?
- How do I access the renewal tool?
- How do I renew my coverage with Blue Shield?
- When will I receive my first bill for 2018 coverage?
- How do I compare plans?
- How do I make changes for 2018?
- When can I make changes to my plan? Is there a deadline?
- How can I keep my Minimum Coverage (or catastrophic) plan?
- How do I make sure my doctor is in Blue Shield’s network?
- What are the potential changes for my dependent children over 18?
- How can I add dental or vision to my coverage?
- Why has my medical premium changed?
- I purchased my plan through Covered California and receive financial help. How do I verify my income for Covered California to determine my 2018 financial assistance?
- What type of financial help can I get to pay for my coverage?
- How do I qualify for financial help?
- How can I estimate my medical costs for the year?
- I currently use Easy$Pay. Can I still use it to pay my bills?
Form to appoint us as your Blue Shield Broker, no extra charge.
Silver 70 Plan
No Subsidies – Skip Covered CA to save $$$
New consumers can actually also purchase our new Silver Off-Off 70 through our portal as well and not be affected by the higher rate on Covered California.
- Existing On-Exchange Silver 70 members not receiving any tax premium credits or CSRs will be renewed into their existing Silver 70 plan and will be affected by the higher rate on Silver 70. Covered California will encourage those members to move to a gold plan since the price range will be closer to gold. Brokers should also encourage their non-subsidized members on an On-Exchange Silver 70 plan to move to our Silver 70 Off exchange to avoid paying the higher rate.
- Existing Off-Exchange Silver 70 members will be mapped to our new Silver 70 off-off plan Email dated 8.21.2017 * Covered CA Press Release
Child Pages & Related Pages in Blue Shield Information & Enrollment Section
- 2016 SBC Summary of Benefits & Plan Overviews
- 2017 PPO Plans Historical
- 2017 Rate Increase average 19.9%
- 2017 Trio ACO HMO
- 2018 Renewal Information – Historical
- Grand Fathered Plan – Non Renewal
Rate books effective January 1, 2018
Plain English Brochure – Understanding Health Care Coverage 4 pages
Due to uncertainty regarding the ACA and continued federal funding for Cost Share Reductions plans, Covered California [They control the CA Market, even when you go direct] has requested carriers to file two sets of rates for 2018.
One set of rates assumes continued federal funding of CSR plans, and another set displays rates if CSRs are no longer funded. Final rate information will be available 10.11.2017.
PPO and HMO plans with CSR funding, (PDF, 3.4MB)